News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

POS for Webshops is released!

Started by Doggiefield, September 02, 2013, 22:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH

You used to have a demo of front end and backend - what has happened to it?
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Doggiefield

Hi Hutson,

We want to update all the new features on our demo. We hope to get our new demo up-and-running within the next 2 weeks.
But it is possible to use our satisfaction guarantee this way you can try the POS without any risk.
QuoteWe have a 14 day's Satisfaction Guarantee on our software, no questions asked (but we do appreciate to get some feedback). Just send us an email with the refund question within 2 weeks after you bought the POS for Webshops software and we will give you a full refund within a few days.
Point of sale for Virtuemart
https://www.posforwebshops.com

AH

Thanks for the reply

Look forward to the demo returning

Your 14 day trial is also a great idea
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Doggiefield

Hi Hutson,

The demo is back up and running. ( sorry for the late answer  :-[ )
There are also some nice new features that you can try in our demo.

Doggiefield

We have released our new Orderpick feature.
With this feature it is possible to open orders from the webshop and pick the orderitems from the store or wharehouse.
When every product is picked the order will apear green. Orderpicking is made a lot easier with this feature and will reduce the chance of sending the wrong (amount of) product(s)

Read more about this on our website: http://www.posforwebshops.com/features/orderpicker

GREATLIBERO

Hi,
Sorry if I missed... Is there an option for orders from the website to be printed automatically immediately after the checkout? (I would like to use it for fast food)

Thanks,

GL

Doggiefield

Quote from: GREATLIBERO on December 04, 2015, 18:10:02 PM
Hi,
Sorry if I missed... Is there an option for orders from the website to be printed automatically immediately after the checkout? (I would like to use it for fast food)

Thanks,

GL

Hi,

Yes it is possible to print the receipt immediately. The POS uses the ESC-POS commands to communicate directly with the receipt printer.
When using the POS on a live site you will need to use the pop-up first, but when installed on a local pc or laptop the POS will print the receipt immediately after choosing a payment method.

Michel

Troels_E

I have looked at your demo before but was never really prepared to make the move to a POS system until now.

A few questions.
1. Can POS for webshops be run from a tablet like other POS solutions?
2. I have a lot of products in my shop that will not be present in the webshop how is that handled?
3. I was looking for a forum at your site as it's usually a good indicator as to how much trouble people have and how well support is. I cannot find any user impressions of your software.
4. How is it working with printers, we already have a star TSP 650II bluetooth printer for receipts (at the moment using izettle via Ipad, works great but misses features and naturally is not webshop integrated)
4. The price is for 12 months incl. support, is there any renewal discount or any campaigns on the horizon :-)

Any users of the system who'd like to comment on how well this works and if there is features they miss.

Doggiefield

Hi

Thank you for your interest.
I'll answer your questions by number:
1) Yes it is possible to use the POS from a tablet. I've done so with a windows tablet with a usb barcode reader.
2) You have 2 options: a) add those products to your website but deactivate them. They still will be recognized by the POS.
                                     b) Add new products in the POS; these won't be synchronized to the webshop but still will show up in the orderlist of the webshop
3) We are using a ticket system for support
4) I didn't test this printer, but it shouldn't have any problems. We have tested other Star / Epson / Other printers without any problems. Maybe it's good to know that (when installed on a local machine with a local server) the POS will use the ESC/POS commands of the printer.
5) When you would like to renew your license the renewal discount will be applied. see https://www.posforwebshops.com/component/virtuemart/software/pos-for-webshops-renewal-detail?Itemid=162

aftertaf

How much do you test your component with beta and RCs of new VirtueMart releases ? I see that a feature like 'discontinued' now in 3.0.19.x could make sense for articles that won't be renewed when stock is down to 0, and I would be interested in using new VirtueMart version once it's released for production... Would the current release of POSforWebshops support newer releases, or if you see any incompatibility in testing will you warn your client base?
I'd be interested in renewing my subscription but I know you've had some reorganisation going on that has caused reactivity to tickets submitted to take a hit.
Put bluntly I don't want to renew if no new releases come. I don't intend to sound harsh or critical, and I am very pleased with the component so far... Just thinking of the future and wondering how things are unfolding for your team.
...And wanting some reassurance of future versions, compatibility and support...
David

Doggiefield

Hi David,

At the moment we are rebuilding our website. we had some issues with the current one. We hope to finish the website in the second half of next week.
Since the POS is build to work on a local server as well, changes in the ecommerce component won't break the POS. In case of a major change in the ecommerce component we need to change the connector in order to use the correct fields for synchronizing. We try to keep up with the changes that are done in Virtuemart.

We are building a complete new version of the POS. I hope we will have a first release in the next few months.
Our customers with an active POS subscription will have the first option to test this.

webkul

Hello Everyone!!

Webkul has alos launched their Joomla Virtuemart Point Of Sale (POS) System

Features

Admin can easily integrate Joomla Virtuemart POS System into Joomla Virtuemart site.
Admin can decide cashier(s) among the Joomla site users, who can access POS system
All virtuemart products are listed in "POS Products" and admin can publish/unpublish product from there.
All the registered customers with POS can viewable at "POS Customers".
Admin can set Receipt title from configuration
All the virtuemart products are listed in POS view on frontend along with price and SKU on hover.
the cashier can add a product to POS cart by simply click on the product and can manage quantity using increment/decrement buttons on POS cart.
Option to put a cart on hold is provided.
the cashier can simply search for products by name/SKU.
the cashier can simply search for a customer by phone number and also can add a new customer.
POS orders are integrated with virtuemart and can be managed from virtuemart too.
Responsive views.

webkul

Product Version 1.0

Supported Version
     Joomla 3.x and VirturMart 3.x

Its very simple to generate Bar Code of a product( Auto/ Manual)

aftertaf

Quote from: Doggiefield on March 12, 2017, 15:03:51 PM
Hi David,

At the moment we are rebuilding our website. we had some issues with the current one. We hope to finish the website in the second half of next week.
Since the POS is build to work on a local server as well, changes in the ecommerce component won't break the POS. In case of a major change in the ecommerce component we need to change the connector in order to use the correct fields for synchronizing. We try to keep up with the changes that are done in Virtuemart.

We are building a complete new version of the POS. I hope we will have a first release in the next few months.
Our customers with an active POS subscription will have the first option to test this.

Hi,
do you have any news on the new version/rewrite ?
We're stuck with PHP 7.0 as the dependency with mcrypt causes an upgrade to PHP 7.2 to fail.
I'd consider renewing a support subscruption but i do need some sort of guarantee that there will be newer versions and they will be maintained up to date with other parts of the overall ecosystem (joomla, VM, php, etc...)