We are successfully using a POS system for Virtuemart for several years now. After a lot of optimizing we think this component is ready for public use.
Some of our "Point of Sale" features.
- Every sale in the POS is put directly into Virtuemart as an order.
- After every sale the stock is automaticly adjusted in Virtuemart
- Possibility to use the POS “offline” as well as “online”
- Barcodes are easily added in Virtuemart by adding a custom field and are recognised in the POS. Also the possibility to add barcodes in the POS.
- The POS can be installed locally on your laptop/pc/mac (local Joomla installation), this way it also can be used without an internet connection. ( easy to use on a fairs ) When internet is available the POS synchronises the orders with Virtuemart and the stock is up-to-date.
- Receipt is easy to adjust and ready for several receipt printers.
- When you don’t have a receipt printer, you can use your regular printer to print an invoice.
- Possibility to control your cash drawer
- Touchscreen ready
- Easily create shortbuttons in the main screen with multiple tabs.
- Sales reports – Balance register
- Automatically apply webshop discounts to product prices
- Assign order to customer and invoicing
- Individual cashier logins
- Web-based, it works on every computer.
A few screenshots from the POS.
You can put orders on hold and open them later.
Possibility to edit products in the POS
If the product doesn't have a barcode or the scanner can't read the barcode, you can search for the product.
Induvidual cashier logins
Buy once use forever!
We are working on a demo site and hope we can launch the demo on our website soon. www.posforwebshops.com
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to reply on this topic.