News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Failed 2.0.15 to 2.0.20 update causing ?database? issues...

Started by simplepower, August 29, 2013, 19:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simplepower

Hello,

I installed 2.0.15 (Relatively confident).   I went to do an update to 2.0.20 and had an error with ?PHP version? (it's been a while).   I thought that I saw messages about updating database tables about the time it failed. !!o.0!!   

Updated the PHP and performed the update again.   Afterwards the site seemed messed up.   So I reinstalled the full version of 2.0.20 from the Joomla Extension Manager.    Site worked afterwards, but a couple errors cropped up.   Assumed that these weird issues like search not working and product inventory not updating on orders were related to this.

Yesterday I saw that I could update to 2.0.22b.   Tried to do the built in upgrade but received the error "Invalid Token, in store config".    Performed an update under "virtuemart-aio" and the administration panel seemed to blow up.   Multiple users couldn't access orders, products or anything.   Came in to work on it this morning and everything was working fine.    o.0     VERY confused.

Just tested and we still have the inventory non-update and the unable to search products issue, but the rest of the site seems to be working.

Virtuemart AIO claims I am running 2.0.22b.   Virtuemart internal upgrade claims I am running 2.0.22 and need to update.

Anybody have thoughts on how to deal with this?     If someone is interested I might be willing to pay.     The only option I feel confident in is a fresh install and copying product DB over, if someone could give me other options I'd be VERY grateful and/or willing to pay to implement if they were interested.

Also... order numbers a completely unsequencial and are hexadecimal... is that a designed feature or another wierdness in my site?

jenkinhill

You should try installing the main VM2.0.22b component using Joomla's extensions manager. Obviously you should do this on a backup copy of your site, as should always be done when updating versions of any component.

After that so go to Configuration/Shop and select "Enable database Update tools "  then go to Tools & Migration and hit Install or if necessary update tables
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

simplepower

Thank you for responding.  Somehow I didn't get notification that you did so.

Ironically I ended up trying that myself.   I updated the site to 2.6 and performed that action to no avail.

Tonight I downloaded the unzip first file.  Unzipped it.  Installed 2.6.6, Installed the AIO, tested   --- no fix

Checked the enable tools - install and if necesssary update --- no fix.

Obviously I didn't follow directions well and my system may be borked.   I'd appreciate any thoughts/ideas, but accept that I may just be out of luck.

DB = 5.1.73-cll
Database Collation   utf8_general_ci
PHP Version   5.4.29
Web Server   Apache/2.2.27 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.27 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4
WebServer to PHP Interface   cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version   Joomla! 2.5.19 Stable [ Ember ] 6-March-2014 14:30 GMT

GJC Web Design

Is this really one year later?

Assume you are doing this on a clone/test site?

Your joomla is well out of date
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

simplepower

um... no. 

I've been doing regular updates.   Currently @ Joomla 2.5.19 & VM 2.6.10

This issue has been with me this entire time but we never had a large volume of web sales (using the site to process in store purchases) so it wasn't a big deal.   Every time there is an update I backup, and then cross my fingers that the inventory issue will magically fix itself with THIS update.

Yesterday applying 2.6.10 was a bit painful as it broke my one page checkout, but a bit of research and a line of code updated and we're back to working.

I've been holding off SEO, Product Aggregators and other Marketing Efforts because of this bug though...

At this point I'm just planning to do a fresh install, install all modules and templates, export & import the products with a 3rd party plugin and transition everything to the new site to get the inventory working right...

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component

simplepower

huh... I've been relying on the joomla built in update notification.  It kept telling me I was at the most recent at 2.5.19.   I just had to manually go download the patch.   Thanks for letting me know.   Applying it now.

Scott

GJC Web Design

this is quite often because the database schema of joomla is not up to date: check Extensions->Extension Manager->Database

often you'll see after an update ->

just hit "Fix"

[attachment cleanup by admin]
GJC Web Design