fatal memory error - after update 2.0.22a [solved]

Started by slammy, August 18, 2013, 10:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slammy

Hey Milbo,
Danke !!! Ich bereite alles vor und schicke dir links fuer domain und zugang als admin zum Be. Weiss nichtbob ich das bis Freitag schaffe aber mal sehen ... Wenn es fuer dich okay ist, lasse ich alle daten drin-> Produkte und kategorien ... Danke das du dir die Zeit nimmst .grüße jens

slammy

Hi again,

prepared everything. I will sent you an email now with accessinformation Milbo. thank you!

slammy

Hi again,

I spent some time on my test-Environment and did a sequential update. What I mean is:

Update in a sequence:

2.0.16d
2.0.18c
2.0.20b  (incl/until here everything works!)

2.0.21h (excl/from here appearing of fatal Memory error as described before in this thread)

Can someone of you tell me wether there was an "big" update/Change between the Versions vm sr 2.0.20 and vm sr 2.0.21 and what this update is mainly about, specially things related to variants or related products. Sry for all my questions ...

Send me a message and I´ll give BE-ACCESS for the test-Environment if you are vm developer ...

best regards
jens

slammy

aaahhhh - yes :) I found the Problem: It seems there was a loop! Some of my parents did have their own childs/variants as related products (I found it nice to see all the child products under product-details and it worked in 2.0.14)!

Solution: I deleted all entrys in table virtuemart_customfields relating to the id from virtuemart_customs (RELATED_PRODUCTS) and see: everything works fine now. I can edit every other product as a related product, but no product own childs/variants, then fatal appears again.

Now it´s clear for me that this config does an loop because childs refer to the related products from their parents if you doesn´t check override parents-customs, so it´s an neverending loop and only limited to php_memory_limit ...

I am so glad, I thought I have to start from begin ...

What I else noticed is the max improved performance from 2.0.14 to 2.0.22 and a decrease of SQL-queries in FE! Glad to see all the new functions! Great, great great!

Thanks to all vm-buddies who helped out in this threat
best regards
jens