News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Discount (or extra charge) based on payment method

Started by matriu, August 22, 2013, 13:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matriu

Hello,

I'm using Joomla 2.5.14 and VirtueMart 2.0.22a.

My problem is that I can't find how to apply a discount (or, in my case, charge extra) to the whole order amount (including shipment taxes etc.) based on payment method. Situation is simple - if customer is paying with a credit card, he covers shop taxes associated with credit card processing.

That was so simple in VirtueMart 1.1.9 - it was directly configurable from Payment Method form.

Thank you in advance for your help.

jenkinhill

You can specify a tax/calculation rule in the Standard/PayPal Payment plugin configuration in 2.0.22b - not checked if this was in older VM2 versions, but I assume so. Some payment plugins may not offer that option
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

matriu

Thanks for a prompt answer.

So did I understand correctly that in 1.1.9 "payment discount/fee" was Virtuemart core feature (since it was in the main Payment Method form), and now it is dependent on individual Payment method plugin developers, whether they implement this feature in their Payment method configuration, or not.

Maxim Pishnyak

I am afraid, yes. What? Do you think that you will have some problems? What problems?
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

jenkinhill

It was in the payment template of 1.1 but not all merchant services allowed it to be used. That is still the situation so the payment plugins pre-installed in VM2.0.22 have some with tax/discount settings (such as Standard, Paypal or Authorize.Net. Those providers that do not permit discount etc do not have the option in configuration, such as Heidelpay or Moneybookers. Payment plugins now have to be approved by the merchant service it is designed for and they won't approve something they don't do.

If you use a third party plugin that does not have a discount option then check with the merchant service to check that they don't support it.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum