News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Custom Field problem 2.0.12

Started by KCowboY, October 05, 2012, 16:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KCowboY

Hi there,

I got a problem with the 2.0.12 since I updated VM this morning! I use the Custom fields to allow the customer to choose the size of a product! In the previous VM version I leave the "Price" field empty to get no "No additional charge" message in the frontend. Now with the update its not possible to leave it empty. The 0 is set automatic by the system......in result I have the "No additional charge" message in every product. What I want is that in the frontend a message only appears if the type has an additional charge. Till the update it works fine.......
Someone an idea how to get it right?

Thanx

PS: please excuse my bad english! I try my best

balai

Hi

I think that you can change that from the language file en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini
Set the string:
COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE="No additional charge" 
to:
COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_PRICE_FREE="" 

KCowboY

Hey balai many, many thanksalot! This works!

bytelord

Hi,

You can use j25 language override option that make the changes in override language folder. Is better from changing the original language files because every time you make a VM update or an update to language pack if you change the original files will be overwritten and you have to do it again, if you do it by override you can update language files without the need to change again the original files.

You can find a tutorial here

http://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/languge-manager/

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

VMbegin

bytelord-- Thanks-- Creating a language override was an amazing alternative. THANKS a Million!!!!!  8)