Previous topic - Next topic

Ads4ever

Hello,

Steps to follow:

1/ Visit tuniads.com/co/
2/ Click on menu link "store"
3/ Click on a product for example "Drill"
4/ Now click again on menu link "store"

==> it will show you the category "Indoor Tools" not like when you clicked first time in step 2
==> now when you click again on the link "store" il will show you the correct view like in step 2 (all products)

is there any solution

Virtuemart version : 2.0.22a
Joomla version :      2.5.14
No third-party plug-ins
No overrides
Use easy jQuery to avoid JS conflict
No JS error displayed by Firebug

sadrem

Hello
My suggestion is:
1) Create category "Joomla extensions". Create sub categories of that category: "Components", "Plugins", etc. Put products accordingly to their category  "Components", "Plugins", etc.
2) Create  menu link -> create menu item of type "Virtuemart Store Front". Go to configuration -> template . Put "V" on only display categories for "display front"
3) In main menu create link to every category "Components", "Plugins", etc

Quoteand when the user click of the image of the product it show the detail of the product not the facybox of the image, is it possible with Virtuemart

easy template ovveride
p.s. Do not forget to change message icon to Solved.

Maxim Pishnyak

You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

Ads4ever

Quote from: sadrem on August 19, 2013, 09:36:32 AM
Hello
My suggestion is:
1) Create category "Joomla extensions". Create sub categories of that category: "Components", "Plugins", etc. Put products accordingly to their category  "Components", "Plugins", etc.
2) Create  menu link -> create menu item of type "Virtuemart Store Front". Go to configuration -> template . Put "V" on only display categories for "display front"
3) In main menu create link to every category "Components", "Plugins", etc

Quoteand when the user click of the image of the product it show the detail of the product not the facybox of the image, is it possible with Virtuemart

easy template ovveride

Hello,
thank you for your replay, but I just want to have one link that shows me all the products of "Plugins" and "Modules", it should works when I create a link "category layout" with the option "Select a Category" set to "Top level category", but there is a bug as I mentioned before...

QuoteLink?

I installed a fresh virtuemart in a live website with sample data to show you the problem

Steps to follow:

1/ Visit tuniads.com/co/

==> it will show you the category "Indoor Tools" not like when you clicked first time in step 2
==> now when you click again on the link "store" il will show you the correct view like in step 2 (all products)

link "store" is link of "category layout" with the option "Select a Category" set to "Top level category"

the existent categories (all top level category):

Outdoor Tools 
Indoor Tools    
Hand Tools    
Garden Tools

jenkinhill

Use VirtueMart homepage as your main link. Make sure all VM modules & plugins are assigned to that item. Then you can have two category links, but assuming they are both top level cats they will show on the VM homepage. It is too easy to get in a mess when playing with Joomla manu items.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Ads4ever

Quote from: jenkinhill on August 19, 2013, 19:30:25 PM
Use VirtueMart homepage as your main link. Make sure all VM modules & plugins are assigned to that item. Then you can have two category links, but assuming they are both top level cats they will show on the VM homepage. It is too easy to get in a mess when playing with Joomla manu items.

Thank you very much for your help, but I think that you didn't understand the bug please to understand my problem can you follow this steps :

Steps to follow:

1/ Visit tuniads.com/co/

is there any solution

sadrem

Hello
It's not a bug!
You can't assign products to Top category (id=0)

As car don't know to fly vm don't know assign products to category 0  :)

If You want solution follow the steps:

1) Create category "Joomla extensions". Create sub categories of that category: "Components", "Plugins", etc.
Assign products accordingly to their category  "Components", "Plugins", etc. and Joomla extensions
2) link "store" is link of "category layout" with the option "Select a Category" set to "Joomla extensions"

Ads4ever

Quote from: sadrem on August 20, 2013, 09:07:02 AM
Hello
It's not a bug!
You can't assign products to Top category (id=0)

As car don't know to fly vm don't know assign products to category 0  :)

If You want solution follow the steps:

1) Create category "Joomla extensions". Create sub categories of that category: "Components", "Plugins", etc.
Assign products accordingly to their category  "Components", "Plugins", etc. and Joomla extensions
2) link "store" is link of "category layout" with the option "Select a Category" set to "Joomla extensions"

Hello, thank you very much for your replay, but I you know with your suggested solution I got a blank page, here is some screen shots

here is the categories, there is no product under the root category :

Here is the link like you said :

here is the configuration of front since I want only all the products and no categories

here is the result :

Virtuemart show only the products of the category and not the products of it's child categories, this is why I get a blank page, are you sure that the behaivor that I mentioned nit a bug ! the same link give us two views !

Ads4ever

Hello,

Steps to follow:

1/ Visit tuniads.com/co/

in All templates even Beez2

Virtuemart version : 2.0.22a
Joomla version :      2.5.14
No third-party plug-ins
No overrides
No JS error displayed by Firebug

Maxim Pishnyak

You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

Ads4ever

Quote from: Maxim Pishnyak on August 21, 2013, 20:46:27 PM
Quote from: Ads4ever on August 21, 2013, 17:50:25 PM
You still have two jquery on that page.

Thank you, but it's the same result, I have enabled the easy JQuery, you can see now that it have not any realation with JQuery, I think it's a bug of Virtuemart in redirection ... any help please ?

sadrem

Excellent.
Now assign all products to "root" category . So for example You have one product assigned to 2 categories (root and Hand Tools)

Ads4ever

Quote from: sadrem on August 22, 2013, 09:06:40 AM
Excellent.
Now assign all products to "root" category . So for example You have one product assigned to 2 categories (root and Hand Tools)

thank you it was a useful replay, it solves the problem, but now all products shows "back to root" and not to their direct category, so there is now way to access the products of a specific category, from the "category layout", can I change it to be "back to Indoor Tools" or go to "Indoor Tools", all I need is the show a link in the details view of a product to let the users to see all the product of that category not of the "root category"