News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM Media Manager Image Upload Issues

Started by funkinater, August 29, 2013, 17:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funkinater

Anybody else have problems uploading images using the VM media manager?  Every time I try to upload a new product image, I see the following error:

"vmError: Sorry,It's not a valid media file"

I have verified that I am definitely uploading a valid media file (with a .JPG extension).  There is very little I can find on Internet searches about this issue, but so far the possible fixes I have located are not working for me.  I thought something might just be wrong with my installation, so just for grins, I installed a demo VM site using VirtueMart.net's demo link.  VM set up my demo site for me, and wouldn't you know, THAT site had the same problems.

In addition to the "not a valid media file" error, when I come back to the media manager screen after I click save & close (both on my web host and the VM demo host I set up on VM's own servers), I notice that it shows up in the list, but instead of showing "JPG" in the filetype column like images that are added using the "Product Images" tab of individual images, it has the following:  "mages/stories/virtuemart/typeless/" - notice the "i" missing from the beginning of the string.  It seems to me that there is a parsing problem with whatever script is trying to determine the file type and it's making an INSERT to the VM database with trash that breaks the functionality of the media management module.

I can basically go around this problem by adding my images one by one through the Product Image tab of all my products, but who wants to do that when there are at least 200 files that need to be uploaded?  PLEASE help if you can address this problem.  I really like the way VM is laid out much better than the other e-commerce Joomla solutions, but without this problem being fixed, I don't know if I have a choice but to use a different solution.

Thanks for your help!

Maxim Pishnyak

Could you attach your file in this thread, post here its file name and check is GD Library PHP extension installed on your shared hosting?
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart