News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[SOLVED] My order mail not sent to my admin mail in VM2

Started by frozenmeat, August 17, 2013, 17:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frozenmeat

Hello everyone,
I got a problem with my joomla 2.5.14 and VM 2.0.22a
Currently i have a website hosted in godaddy. I am using joomla 2.5.14 and VM 2.0.22a.
I have tried to buy some items either from guest or registered member. But the order not delivered to my admin email
Can anyone help me out? or guide me what do i have to do? i am a newbie. Thank you

Regards
Teddy

jenkinhill

You are up against nogodaddy's daft anti spam rules. In VM Configuration/Shop try turning on/off "Use the vendor email address" and make sure that you have correct entries for "Default Order Status to send email to vendor " in Configuration/Checkout

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

frozenmeat

Quote from: jenkinhill on August 18, 2013, 10:17:52 AM
You are up against nogodaddy's daft anti spam rules. In VM Configuration/Shop try turning on/off "Use the vendor email address" and make sure that you have correct entries for "Default Order Status to send email to vendor " in Configuration/Checkout

Thank you for your input Mr. Jenkin. I will try your suggestion

frozenmeat

frozenmeat

Hi Mr Jenkin,
When the last time you have told me how to solve my problem it was working, untill this week i have found something strange. My email (order) from VM2 wont deliver into my yahoo mail. I did not change any configuration or anything else.
My Global config in joomla is:

Mailer *   PHP
    From email   sample@yahoo.com
    From Name   Sample Shop
    Sendmail Path    /usr/sbin/sendmail
    SMTP Authentication   NO
    SMTP Security   None
    SMTP Port *   25
    SMTP Username   (blank)
    SMTP Password   (blank)
    SMTP Host relay-hosting.secureserver.net

My configuration in VM 2:
Order-mail format : HTML Mail
Use vendor email address: unchecked

Please help me out and suggest me what do i have to do. Many friends have suggested me to get out from godaddy. Thank you

Maxim Pishnyak

Quote from: frozenmeat on September 14, 2013, 09:08:04 AM
Many friends have suggested me to get out from godaddy.
At this point you could try any free hosting service or any hosting service with demo option. You could try to reproduce there your issue.
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

frozenmeat

Quote from: Maxim Pishnyak on September 14, 2013, 09:18:08 AM
Many friends have suggested me to get out from godaddy.
At this point you could try any free hosting service or any hosting service with demo option. You could try to reproduce there your issue.

Yes, i m considering to host all my domains in local hosting company. It will be more easier since we will talk in my language and i can call them(cs hosting company) directly. It is nearly impossible to me to call godaddy customer service, the phone call cost will me more expensive than the hosting plan. Thanks for your suggestion

Maxim Pishnyak

Quote from: frozenmeat on September 14, 2013, 09:23:06 AM
Yes, i m considering to host all my domains in local hosting company. It will be more easier since we will talk in my language and i can call them(cs hosting company) directly. It is nearly impossible to me to call godaddy customer service, the phone call cost will me more expensive than the hosting plan. Thanks for your suggestion
So everything works fine in your local hosting company?

Hosting support must help own clients by email/tickets. This way of support is really powerful believe me.

Also if your friends know something about godaddy, maybe google know something about resolving email troubles at godaddy too?
Join us at

frozenmeat

Quote from: Maxim Pishnyak on September 14, 2013, 10:12:48 AM
Quote from: frozenmeat on September 14, 2013, 09:23:06 AM
So everything works fine in your local hosting company?
I havent tried yet before, but my friends webs work ok so far
Hosting support must help own clients by email/tickets. This way of support is really powerful believe me.
Godaddy has a simple answer, text book, they just send link and ask me to resolve
Also if your friends know something about godaddy, maybe google know something about resolving email troubles at godaddy too?
I cant find any answer, since my english is so limited and thats why i ask my problem here.
Last time Mr Jenkin has answered me and it work, but now no more working. And also i have created several forwarding email in godaddy, all of emails have not forwarded (i have tried many time using another gmail or yahoo mail).

So what i hope is any suggestion what do i have to do in my configuration VM2. But if all effort wont work then i have to move out from godaddy.

Thank you

Maxim Pishnyak

You could ask your friends to help you to deal with godaddy. Or you could ask me to do this (pm).
Join us at

jenkinhill

Please help me out and suggest me what do i have to do. Many friends have suggested me to get out from godaddy. Thank you

Take your friends' advice. Crapdaddy filters have previously been known not to permit mail from within a domain to be sent to gmail, hotmail or yahoo addresses. They also have many different server configurations, so what works on one may not work on another. Their "support" tends to use boilerplated answers and they will not reveal how their filters work.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum