[ SOLVED ] vmError: You are not an admin or the correct vendor, storing products

Started by Debayne, August 15, 2013, 12:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Debayne

Hi,

I have taken over a VM website from another developer and have been working on it fine since I updated to VM 2.0.22a (Joomla! 2.5.14, PHP 5.3.26)

Since then I am getting the "vmError: You are not an administrator or the correct vendor, storing of product cancelled" error when adding/editing child variations." and any updates to the children are being over written when the parent is saved.

I think the previous developer had set Enable Multivendor (experimental only for developers) on, and something has messed up in the database.

There is only 1 vendor set and Multivendor is now off.

What do I need to do to fix the tables?

Thanks in advance

jenkinhill

With Multivendor turned on look in Orders & Shoppers/Shoppers to make sure that you are set as Vendor. If not then add yourself in Tools/Tools & Migration, on Migration panel at the bottom. You must have your address etc configured in Shop/Shopper information.

If that is all OK then turn on Enable database Update tools in Configuration/Shop and then in Tools-/Tools & Migration/Tools panel click the option "Install tables or if necessary update them" (try this on on a backup, of course).
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Debayne

Hi Kelvyn,

I have just tried that and it didn't work, still getting the vmError :(

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Debayne

Hi,

Yes, but it has now been fixed by changing **_virtuemart_products_en_gb  product_name(180) to product_name Text type.

I have since worked out a better of way of producing variations by using the cart variation custom field type.

Thanks for looking though :)