News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Website down need URGENT HELP!?

Started by Danielle, August 14, 2013, 05:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danielle

Hello Everyone.    (We are using Virtuemart 2)

We have been having some troubles viewing our site from different locations. Our Client cannot see the site from her laptop on Internet Explorer, she gets the message "Cannot determine user from environment"

Our client has also performed a trace-route and cleared her cache completely, I will attach a copy of the trace-route results.

We have contacted our hosting services and they have done a fully analysis of the website and they have told us that the website is working perfectly fine.

The website is displaying fine here at the office on all 4 computers (internet explorer, safari, chrome and firefox) and on our Iphones but our client has told us that none of her friends can view the site.

Our client has also had the 404 Not Found ERROR. will attach a screenshot of the error the client received.

Has anyone ever had any intermittent problems between isp's (internet service providers) and this problem?

Please help us!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

This is nothing to do with VirtueMart or Joomla but a connectivity or server route issue. Ask the ISP and Host company.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Danielle

Lunarpages say its not them I have sent nearly hundred support tickets and rung them, they say it's ISP...  There are too many people to check ISP.   I have been randomly getting people to get... it's like hit or miss. 
Never ever had this problem. I have been having sleepless nights,  I ready to pack my business in.  But I must get to the source of the problem, my client is upset I cant fix the problem :(  ....  Are there any known bugs I can look at that would do  this.   

Can I get a professional Joomla or Virtuemart Dev to help?  Is has been ongoing 3months ago since we built the site.    www.naturallynature.com.au
Any direction or help will be appreciated.

jenkinhill

This is nothing to do with Joomla or VirtueMart
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jjk

The site is accessible and working (from Germany) with Firefox and my old Internet Explorer 8. Ping and Traceroute are ok from here. However, IE complains about an illegal character and looking at the site with FF and Firebug enabled I can see the error

SyntaxError: illegal character
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i[\\\'GoogleAnalyticsObject\\\']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(...

Also, have a look at the attached screenshot.

Concerning your client's error message "Cannot determine user from environment", you may type the following line (note the setting of quotes) into Google to get some potentially useful hints:
"Cannot determine user" from environment

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Danielle

Thankyou for your help.  I have been crying :'( all day and it's 10.30 here and I was planning on moving site to another server.  I am so desperate to keep my client happy, I am terribly upset about it.  I have been going around in circles with hosting, it has been a nightmare. 

I gather moving the site will not help, but was trying to stay positive.   I least I can fix the syntaxError.  I will do more trouble shooting before I make the move. 

I realize some site can be testing, but I will feel a great deal better when sorted out.  Thanks again  :-*

Danielle

Thought I would ad these details might make the different --- not sure.

Currently using VM2.0.20b on Joomla  2.5.11 Stable PHP 5.3.23 
Apache/2.2.24 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.24 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_fcgid/2.3.6

jjk

As jenkinhill mentioned already, this is not a problem of whatever Joomla/VirtueMart version you use. As everbody who looked at your provided link to the shop has no problems accessing it, the problem is between your hoster (Lunarpages) and the ISP your client and her friends are using to connect to the internet.
Just found this in Google, which seems to be the same problem (maybe with another ISP than AT&T. Note that the linked thread is from March 2013):
http://forums.att.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/uverse-HSIA/message-id/37585/print-single-message/false/page/1

Jörgen

Hello

Have You corrected the syntax error in the Googleanalytics code the JJK found? In that case You might have solved this. Now I can access Your site, before I just got "Cannot determine user from environment".

I hope this is solved for You now.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Danielle

No I haven't. I am not quite sure where to go and what to delete? Thought I might investigate in the environment issue.
When I find it, do I delete the whole line?

Yes, it is hit or miss.  Show one minute and not the next... there's no logic in it to me  :-\

jjk

Concerning your syntax error - I don't know if there are various ways to set up Google Analytics, because I never used it (I keep my statistics in my own database with Piwik instead of sending every transaction to Google). But I suppose you have to get rid of at least one of the three dashes in (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i[\\\'GoogleAnalyticsObject\\\']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(...
Compare it to this:
https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/advanced

Another idea to test if your client's ISP like i.e. 'Southern Cross Telco' or 'BigPond', etc. is at fault might be if your client tries to access the shop via a proxy. Perhaps this one (There are lots of others, but this domain name is easy to remember) :-) http://www.hidemyass.com/
However, I'm not shure if this actually circumvents the block from your client's ISP.

Danielle

Hi
I did a search for GoogleAnalyticsObject on the whole site.     I came up with just one file.   Strange place for it... in the Bluestork Template in the index.php.   Not sure why the developer would have put it there?  I removed the whole lot.

The backslashes didn't show there not sure why [\\\'GoogleAnalyticsObject\\\'] 
it was  ['GoogleAnalyticsObject'] 
I didn't this its need on the objects, if it's causing a issue.

Yes, sure not about anything.   I just checked your link to   https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/advanced
Surely it wont active if it's removed from the site?
Maybe it's causing a problem...
Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
To provide website visitors more choice on how their data is collected by Google Analytics, we have developed the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. The add-on instructs the Google Analytics JavaScript running on websites (ga.js, analytics.js, dc.js) not to send any information about the website visit to Google Analytics.
If you want to opt-out, download and install the add-on for your current web browser. The Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on is available for Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Opera.

I think might have to pay a develop to over the site or shell i move servers? If I move servers it's is a lot of drama maybe for nothing.  Shall I do it?

jjk

The GoogleAnalyticsObject is not part of the Bluestork template. Maybe somebody who previously worked on the website has placed it there.
Before moving the site to another webhoster, I would suggest that you ask your client which ISP they are using and then ask the ISP why some people can't access the website on lunarpages (if you didn't do this already). Perhaps you can install a copy of your website into a free trial account of another webhoster to find out if the problem disappears.

The syntax error is still there, but now on a different location:
SyntaxError: illegal character

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i[\\\'GoogleAnalyticsObject\\\']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(...

....com.au (line 460, col 29)

Do you have any Google Analytics extension installed on your website?

Danielle

Yes, really weird having a file in there.  Gone Now :)

Funny you say that, can I move that website and still keep the old at lunarpages?   How will the database work?  Can if pull from to both servers or will it be down on lunarpages, because I talked to them just now and they said they now realise after weeks of complaining that it could be a issue with them,  but the guys said it could take some time to sort out and because of being such strange issue and very random.   Didn't sound promising :(     
I suggested to move to another site I host which is also a dedicated ip address and SSL and see it the site runs there..... same issue though.  They need the site there for testing.   

My question now is can a joomla site pull  database to 2 website and be the same info.  How do you do it?     Your idea sounds good too.  Which one do you think?    I understand if you don't answer, I probably can find the answer through google....   But what do you think?   I hope this make sense it's nearly 3am here in Australia.   Feeling shattered.

Thanks for you help.

jjk

Maybe you can first search in Google for another hoster which meets your requirements with something like: australia hosting trial
(A trial account usually uses a subdomain of the hoster you can use for a limited time)
and then search on YouTube for i.e.: akeeba move joomla site
(the free version does everything you need)