News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Guest checkout asks for username and password

Started by romatvirtue, August 13, 2013, 00:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

romatvirtue

Dear Virtuemart,

I think I identified a bug, but don't know how to fix it I tried searching for it, but couldn't find anything on it. I have enabled guest check out that works fine if user clicks on  "Checkout as Guest."

However, when user clicks on "Register and checkout" button first, it validate the data and identifies that username/password were not entered. So when user then clicks on "Checkout as Guest" it still asks for username/password instead of checking out as guest.

Can someone please help with this?

Thank you in advance.

jenkinhill

This is a known issue - VM does not get extensively tested by daft shoopers until it is out in the wild.  ;)

Hopefully there will be a fix for this in the next version.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

romatvirtue

Ok. I see. Do you know if there is any fix for now?

jenkinhill

Not as far as I know, I don't think it is in SVN. This is probably one of those that needs careful fixing to avoid introducing some other buglet - or worse.

On my recent stores I only use "guest" checkout, so I don't see that issue.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

romatvirtue

eumedia

I've asked and many other users, but not the answer - this is a serious error to be solved as soon as possible!

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=117893.0

Mod edit:  bump message removed.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?board=114.0

jenkinhill

Quote from: romatvirtue on August 13, 2013, 18:01:27 PM
I see. How do I use only "Guest" checkout?

This is pretty simple to set up. Firstly you do not need Joomla registration so in Configuration/Checkout:
On checkout, ask for registration    
Only registered users can checkout
Are both turned off.

Then edit the shopper fields so only the ones you require to complete the order are displayed.

(Also you can use template overrides if you want to alter the page layout.)

That would be sufficient, but I make it easier for the shopper. As allowed in the UK, I make TOS acceptance implied. As TOS is a Joomla protected user field it needs a bit of a trick to ensure it is editable to make it not required. See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=111063.msg372666#msg372666  for the basics of that.
I turn off TOS requirement in VM configuration & hide the tickbox with css.

I have an example of this in a live site, still being tweaked but it only uses Guest Registration.  www.viridiangallery.co.uk

Allow User Registration
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

eumedia

Thanks for your help,
Yes - it is one of the possible sale without registration, but the customer does not and can not register the next time you log in and see the status of your order - does not use the benefits of registering.

There are many reasons to register and why not register - it should be at the client and according to EU regulations.
VM1 this option meets no problem - the customer will choose whether to register or not.
VM2 this option also offers just does not work properly as it should and the customer can not buy without registration.

In this forum there are many requirements to solve this problem, because it is a serious problem and offered the opportunity to purchase without registration does not work.

Excuse us, because we ask for when this error is corrected and enable our trade data back into service, our customers require to purchase without registration or registration.

Thank you very much for your reply and solve the problem
(sorry for bad english)

romatvirtue

Quote from: jenkinhill on August 15, 2013, 00:05:03 AM
Quote from: romatvirtue on August 13, 2013, 18:01:27 PM
I see. How do I use only "Guest" checkout?

This is pretty simple to set up. Firstly you do not need Joomla registration so in Configuration/Checkout:
On checkout, ask for registration    
Only registered users can checkout
Are both turned off.

Then edit the shopper fields so only the ones you require to complete the order are displayed.

That would be sufficient, but I make it easier for the shopper. As allowed in the UK, I make TOS acceptance implied. As TOS is a Joomla protected user field it needs a bit of a trick to ensure it is editable to make it not required. See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=111063.msg372666#msg372666  for the basics of that.
I turn off TOS requirement in VM configuration & hide the tickbox with css.

I have an example of this in a live site, still being tweaked but it only uses Guest Registration.  www.viridiangallery.co.uk

Allow User Registration

Great! Thank you very much.

romatvirtue

romatvirtue

Max, I was to the latest version. This was an issue all along.

Thanks.

Maxim Pishnyak

I hope you wouldn't work on the one web site all the life.

Does issue exist on standard Joomla template?

You didn't reply to my last pm about order_done.php btw.
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

romatvirtue

Quote from: Maxim Pishnyak on September 29, 2013, 21:13:54 PM
I hope you wouldn't work on the one web site all the life.

Does issue exist on standard Joomla template?

You didn't reply to my last pm about order_done.php btw.

Hi Max. I just replied to your PM. I am sorry for the late response. Well, as jenkinhill pointed out earlier, it is a know VM bug and assured that it will be fixed in new version. Now that we have 2.0.24 out, that's why I was asking.

Thanks.

romatvirtue

Quote from: jenkinhill on August 13, 2013, 11:16:04 AM
This is a known issue - VM does not get extensively tested by daft shoopers until it is out in the wild.  ;)

Hopefully there will be a fix for this in the next version.

Hi jenkinhill,

It doesn't look like this has been fixed. Since you message we had about 3 releases and it is still not fixed. Is there any fix that can be applied?

Thanks.