News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

unable to uninstall

Started by hcx, August 12, 2013, 23:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcx

I have attempted to uninstall VM and it's plugins.  all I get are error messages similar to the following :
Plugin Uninstall: Manifest file invalid or not found.
JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /homepages/*****/modules/mod_virtuemart_cart
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file
JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /homepages/*****/mod_virtuemart_login
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file
JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /homepages/*****//com_virtuemart
Plugin Uninstall: Manifest file invalid or not found.
Component Uninstall: Can't uninstall. Please remove manually

Please advise on how to remove especially manually

PRO

are you sure you did not delete the folders first?

this is usually what happens when you delete the folders, then try to install

THEN: if not, go to extension manager and "discover". Then install the components,. and then uninstall them again

hcx

No, Unfortunately  i hadn't deleted the folders first.  Did go to discover, and it didn't discover components. Did discover several modules

tried unistall again, got the same errors as above, and this as well: JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file

Extension manager shows 6 Virtuemart Allinone Components, and One Virtuemart components and several modules and only two plugins.. Plugin Manager has at least 15 Plugins that need to be removed.

Can you please advise how to remove safely from PHP?

hcx

forgot to mention I have joomla 2.5.11 stable

mfuller526

Using phpMyAdmin search both your database's assets and extensions tables. In each search elements for com_virtuemart. You probably have multiple entries. Delete them. Then you can do a new installation.

Joomla! 2.5.28, PHP 5.4.36,  MoWebSo3.2.19

Milbo

The other way is to use the tool
"Remove VirtueMart Tables " and to delete then via extension manager,

But if you want just to reinstall, I would just use "Reset all tables and install sample data ", it also deletes all tables
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member