News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Deafault shipping not set after payment

Started by squawk, August 21, 2013, 15:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squawk

Hi
I hope some can shed some light on this one.
I have two shipping methods, one being the automatically selected method when using the cart.
However once you have gone though and payed for any items (a successfully completed transaction), if you then go onto placing another order by placing another item into the cart the default shipping method is no longer selected.
It's like the payment not only clears the items previously held in the cart but it also clears the shipping method.
Does any one have any sugestions on how I can over come this or what the over all shipping method variable is?
So I can set a routine to look for and determine if that variable is empty and if so set it to the deafult method?

Thanks in advance for any help/time given to theis problem.

jenkinhill

As I understand it, shipping method, product prices etc are stored in the session and transfered to payment, but on completetion of payment and return are removed.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

squawk

Many thanks for reply.

Have you any idea how I can identity the session variable for shipping, that way I may be able to set the general/default shipping method on returning.

jenkinhill

No idea I'm afraid. I'm not a programmer.....
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum