News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

product not adding to cart

Started by redback, August 12, 2013, 04:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redback

Hello,

Add product to cart is not working.

I have read through the forum and tried all possible solutions. Tried using firebug to resolve and several different jQuery plugins but cannot get the "add to cart" to work.

Joomla 2.5.14, virtuemart v2.0.20b, template Rockettheme Voxol

http://www.outbackway.org.au/shop.html

Any assistance would be greatful.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

redback

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I have tried disabling the Azrul plugin but made not difference.

Having problems accessing the server error log hope to have it soon.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

redback

Finally got access to logs.

I tired adding Geocache Starter Kit to the cart which did not work.

I checked the error log and got this message;

[Wed Aug 14 11:53:57 2013] [error] [client xxxxxxxxxxx ] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/500.shtml, referer: http://outbackway.org.au/shop/geocache-starter-kit-detail.html

Any suggestions

Thanks

redback

Problem solved.

The PHP version was wrong, was 5.3 and should be 5.2 .

jenkinhill

No, minimum recommended requirement for Joomla2.5 is PHP5.3+   But obviously something PHP related was the issue.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

chaaya

I had a similar issue and resolved it by ticking off: Display modal popup upon 'Add to cart'.
You can find this option in VirtueMart component, Configuration, Checkout tab, and it is the first one in the list.
I suppose some browsers don't allow popups and the process is aborting when that occurs. Possibly, adding to cart is done after the popup is displayed, and if that's the case then a simple change of order (i.e. add to cart first, then display the popup) should fix the problem.

I am using VirtueMart 2.0.24c

Maxim Pishnyak

Quote from: chaaya on November 26, 2013, 14:57:44 PM
I suppose some browsers don't allow popups and the process is aborting when that occurs.
Unbelievable statement.
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

sandstorm

J2.5.16 / PHP 5.3.27 / VM 2.0.22C live / VM2.0.24C Test site / Siteground Dedicated Server

I am having similar problems & have discussed this at length on my template developer support forum.

When adding products to my cart, some products add just fine and some don't seem to get added.
When adding a product to your basket, you see the product has been added in the cart module as it now displays 1 product. but if you hover over the cart module to view, there SOMETIMES is no product.
Other times we can add 5,6,7 maybe more products before this re occurs. It initially seemed quite random.

After lots (days) of testing it seems to be when products are added to cart quickly and maybe not everything under the hood has been loaded up by the browser.
I tried all sorts of different combinations of virtuemart jquery settings and I also use jQueryEasy, so have tried this with different parameter settings also.
I tried reverting to Joomla atomic template and also default virtuemart settings too. As well as trying with VM2.0.22C & 2.0.24C

I know that if I disable "modal popup upon add to cart" that this  problem will go away and when adding products my customer will be directed straight to the checkout pages, but I like the "modal popup upon add to cart" & after all we want the customer to go and add some other products to their cart also.

As above we have a pretty powerful Siteground server, more than enough juice for our fairly small site, have CDN  and all sorts of compression/caching switched on to speed the site up further (& tested all this with these settings off too ;)  ), So I'm happy that the site is speedy enough.

So does anyone please have any further idea's on how we can get the "modal popup plugin" to load instantly, so this adding to cart problem doesnt occur.
Or any other ideas/solutions that I could possibly try as I feel like Iv'e tried everything now  :-\
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

jenkinhill

I have seen reports that updating to PHP5.4 latest will speed up server processes but I don't know what effect this would have at speeding up AJAX processes - this must be related to browser and connection speed.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

sandstorm

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 03, 2013, 12:52:17 PM
I have seen reports that updating to PHP5.4 latest will speed up server processes
MMM? I'll see I can get a test environment with 5.4 and see what happens there.

Quote from: jenkinhill on December 03, 2013, 12:52:17 PM
this must be related to browser and connection speed.
The problem I get doesnt just occur for me only, I am getting lots of reports from users, that are having this issue too.
If anything it happens to me less, I guess cos I use a fast connection with a fast computer
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16