News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[solved]Bug in Standard and Paypal payment methods

Started by Marttyn, August 08, 2013, 22:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcmilhouse

Thanks Milbo for reply.

I don't have any tax.
Only payment type discount of 2% and the payment has no cost.

So if I make a order of 100 €, selecting my payment type I should pay 98€ (100€ - (2%100)) and not 98,16 € (100-(2%(98))).
In my opinion this should be the correct calculation (as made in version 2.0.22).

By the way why since version 2.0.22b the calculation method should be different?

Regards

ArhoN

THe calculation adds the shipping costs also.
I have added 10% at the "Percent of the total product amount"
and I get this screen.
The 10% is calculated at the total ammount of the order.
If I m not mistaken it should be 10% of the "product price result" + shipping = 2,36

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

pcmillhouse,
it has nothing todo with your tax.

Your products costs 90 and your shipment 10. So you have to pay 100 euro, right? The payment has a fee of 2%, so if you have to pay for 100, you must pay with fee 102, right? But the costs for 102 are not anylonger just 2, the costs are still 2%, but of 102 now. => So the costs for the payment are now 2.04, alltogether 102.4.
It has nothing todo with the tax, only with the fee
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Quote from: ArhoN on December 04, 2013, 21:21:41 PM
THe calculation adds the shipping costs also.

of course

Quote from: ArhoN on December 04, 2013, 21:21:41 PM
I have added 10% at the "Percent of the total product amount"
and I get this screen.
The 10% is calculated at the total ammount of the order.
If I m not mistaken it should be 10% of the "product price result" + shipping = 2,36
That is completly right. The payment is using the amount to PAY. Not any other fantasy number. You can have taxes, discounts, coupons and shipment, we should ignore that? If you have to pay to your payment processor 2.5% they do not care for which service. It is 2.5% for each kind of product.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

ArhoN

Yes but at the plugin configuration at the description of "Percent of the total product amount" It sais "Shipment costs are not included"
minor mistake.

The calculation is almost right
At my example the total value is 23,69 x 10% = 2.37
So this added to the total is 23,69 + 2,37 =26,06
The 10% of this is 2,60 and not 2,63.
Am I wrong?

ArhoN

ok, I calculated again and it adds also the paypal ammount to the total before percentage.
It is right. sorry for the misunderstanding

Milbo

Maybe we changed that already, but I see "percent of the total amount".

pcmilhouse

Thanks Milbo for your reply but I can't understand.

I've no tax and shipment cost.
I've only a payment discount of 2%.

If I make a order of 100 €, selecting my payment type I should pay 98€ (100€ - (2%100)) and not 98,16 € (100-(2%(98))).
In my opinion this should be the correct calculation (as made in version 2.0.22).

By the way why since version 2.0.22b the calculation method should be different?

Thanks for the support

mickey3k

Sorry for digging this up, but just like sardonic32 I need the discount for the standard payment method to be simply a percental discount to the final price. Say 100€ price, 2% discount -> final price 98€.
Can someone tell me how and where I can adjust the calculation? I looked into the standard.php file, but I'm no expert on PHP and I couldn't figure out where to change the file.

Would be a great help!

Thanks