News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Advanced Shoppergroup pricing help

Started by sandstorm, July 31, 2013, 17:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandstorm

I cant seem to find a comprehensive walkthrough or tutorial for setting up ADVANCED Shopper group prices and discounts.

I want to be able to set specific prices, for specific products, for a set shopper group. I have managed to get this working around 60% but I need a bit of help to configure further.
I will be happy to write a tutorial/walkthrough or maybe create a video once I have it all sorted.

This is what I have so far.

1 - I have set up a shoppergroup named Test.
I have also set up a test user and assigned it to the shopper group too.

2 - I have set up a calculation rule for the shopper group with the following settings
   Price modifier before tax
   -% @ 20
   Currency = British pounds
   Category = All categories
   Shopper group = set to my new TEST shopper group.
   Country = UK Regions = ALL
   Visible for Shopper = Yes

With these basic settings all normal users see the normal prices, BUT the users in the TEST shopper group now see all the prices with a 20% reduction.

WHAT I WANT
, is to set individual rules or prices to each individual product. I don't want all the products with 20%.
Some product will have 50%, some with 30% and some with 10%, etc

This is the part I cant seem to get correct of figure out. :o
I tried setting the products up to use the calculation rules or add shopper group's directly to the product, but this then seems to show everyone the discount price or remove the product from view to all non shopper group users.
So I guess I am doing something wrong.  :'(

Can anyone provide a bit of a walkthrough on how to set this up?  ::)

Thanks in advance
Andy
Skype  sandstorm871
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

Maxim Pishnyak

Quote from: sandstorm on July 31, 2013, 17:39:26 PM

WHAT I WANT
, is to set individual rules or prices to each individual product. I don't want all the products with 20%.
Some product will have 50%, some with 30% and some with 10%, etc
Are you really want to command VM to remember these percents individually for each product?
Or having adjusted with specific percent product price would be enough for your task?
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
[url="https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews"]https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews[/url]
Join us at
[url="https://twitter.com/virtuemart"]https://twitter.com/virtuemart[/url]

K&K media production

- create a blind category "discounts" and unpublish it
- create a calculation rule like your current 20% rule for each percentage what you want and assign the "discount" category to the rules
- go to your product and choose one of the rules for your price
Get translatable custom fields:
[url="http://extensions.virtuemart.net/products/multilingual-translatable-custom-fields-detail"]http://extensions.virtuemart.net/products/multilingual-translatable-custom-fields-detail[/url]

amymattian

Hi Andy,

so what you need is to add several prices for the product via Add Price function INSIDE the product.

1) First create the product and add the price as for SHOPPERGROUP -default (or leave empty to show it should be visible for all shoppergroups) and SAVE. (NOTE! YOu always need a -default price or a price without any shoppergroup defintions to show the default price in frontend).

2) Then click ADD PRICE button below the -default price details and add first the price without tax and click SAVE. (Note! You are not able to edit any other details than price without tax before you click SAVE. All other details become editable only AFTER clicking Save).

3) Go and edit the just created new price and choose the shoppergroup TEST and choose the price reductionrule -20% or which ever % you want.
(I use DATax = Price reduction AFTER tax. Note you do not have to define the reduction rule as only for TEST, it can be without any shoppergroup in the reduction-rule page. This way you can use the rule for any shoppergroup you want. It will not show to default-user in this case since it is connected to the TEST-shoppergroup price not the -default shoppergroup price in this example product). Again remember to SAVE in the end.

You can add other shoppergroup-prices by clicking again ADD PRICE button and adding new price + save and again filling the rest of the details + save. You can have as many shoppergroup prices inside the same product and each can have a different reduction-rule if you want.

I would create reduction rules that can be used for all shoppergroups (without shoppergroup definitions in the rule). Define the price+reduction inside the product in the price-fields separately for each shoppergroup.

I hope I'm making sense... please let me know if still unclear! Also if you do make that video please send a link to me! Thanks!

-Anne

sandstorm

Hi Guy,

Thanks for all your responses & especially as they were all within a few hours. Very nice & refreshing to see in the virtuemart Forums  8)

Anyway, It was Amy's walk through that I was after and that has worked perfectly for what I needed - Thanks Amy, I really appreciate the time you have taken to write this up step by step. ;)

My only question is that now I have 2 set prices in a product, when I view the list of all my products in Virtuemart > Products , the product with 2 prices now show up as "No Price Set" but when I check via the product page or in the front end the prices seem correct. see screenshot

I just now need to go away and figure out how to do this on mass via CSVI as i have 2000+ products that need shopper group prices.  :o

Thanks again.

Andy

PS - Playing around with "Camtasia" at the moment a cool video tutorial software for mac, so I will try and get this created as a video tutorial along with some others soon.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

K&K media production

QuoteMy only question is that now I have 2 set prices in a product, when I view the list of all my products in Virtuemart > Products , the product with 2 prices now show up as "No Price Set" but when I check via the product page or in the front end the prices seem correct. see screenshot

use the latest vm 2.0.22a and it shows "multiple prices"
[url="http://extensions.virtuemart.net/products/multilingual-translatable-custom-fields-detail"]http://extensions.virtuemart.net/products/multilingual-translatable-custom-fields-detail[/url]

sandstorm

I have all this set up and working well for single products and even got the import loading fine via CSVI. But it doesn't seem to work at all for products with children, with the stockable variant plugin.

I now have 2 prices set up and saved for each parent & children products, following Amys guide above & have set the 2nd discounted prices to my "TEST" shopper group.

Now, when I am logged in with a test shoppergroup user and view a parent/child product, I can see the correct discounted price, But when I view the product details page and select a variant, the price reverts back to the main original price.
Even when I add to cart, this shows the original non-discounted price.

Has anybody encountered this latest issue? or do you think I have a setting out of place somewhere?
I have tried this in a live site using VM2.0.18a & also a test site running VM2.0.22a
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

sandstorm

use the latest vm 2.0.22a and it shows "multiple prices"
Thanks, I hadn't notcied that In the new version.

Can anybody help me with my last forum post though? 
This way of adding specific shopper group prices doesn't seem to work when the products are dynamic parent/child using the stockable variant plugin

Thanks in advance,
Andy
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

K&K media production

Do you have a link to your site and a test login so that I can try it?

sandstorm

Quote from: kkmediaproduction on August 15, 2013, 18:08:36 PM
Do you have a link to your site and a test login so that I can try it?
Thanks I sent the information over to Maik and after a quick tweak to my setting the products where working as expected. Though this was a test site using VM2.0.22a.

Although I still cannot get this working in my live site?
My live site is still using VM2.0.18 and at the moment I cannot upgrade due to a couple of minor modifications.

Does anybody know wether this is a bug that may have been fixed in VM2.0.20 or VM 2.0.22 - Not being able to add multiple proces to stockable variant products?

Thanks
Andy
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

sandstorm

I am still struggling with this and not really sure why? Any Help would be appreciated as I feel like I am going mad  :o  :'(

I am now using VM 2.0.22c & J2.5.14

I have imported additional new prices (using CSVi) for all products and tried the manual approach as per Amy's post, but still when I view products with children the product reverts back to the original default price.

In VM2.0.22c the default price no longer has an empty shoppergroup field, It now displays as "Available for all".

I have tried setting this as anonymous & default and also tried setting up 3 individual prices for anonymous, default & TEST (shoppergroup).
But I still keep getting the same problem that when a shopper group user is logged in. They first see the correct price on category page, but then when they click on a product and view in the products details page. the correct shoppergroup price shows for about 1/2 second then jumps to the default price.

My TEST shopper group user is added to the "TEST" & "Default" Groups & I have tested this too.

When user is just added to "Test" No prices show for any products, even the product that have "TEST" shopper group prices.
When the user is added to "TEST" & Default. Prices show up, but this is when we get the prices jumping problem.

I am wandering wether it is a shopper group prices ordering issue, as it always shows up as "-default-" & then "TEST" , but I cant see any way of ordering these shopper groups? I event looked in PHPmyAdmin

Hope someone can help me out here?

I'm happy to pay for expert help as I need to get this sorted

Andy
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

sandstorm

I am getting slightly closer, but the more I test & try different thing the more that I think that this is actually a bug in Virtuemart or just simply doesnt work. Surely there are other users who have products set up stockable variant that also want to user shopper group prices?

I have now found that if I re order the prices in Virtuemart manually, so that my special shopper group price is in the first position and the default price shows last, this then works OK for my products.
When logged in as a special shopper & goto the product page you see the default price for 1/2 - 1 second and then it jumps to the correct shopper group price.

But I have tried many different way to import these using CSVi and also have Roland at CSVi looking at it, as there is no way to order product prices via CSVi or even by the databse using PHPmyadmin.

I have deleted ALL prices from my data base and then tried to re import them by CSVi files. Importing the shopper group prices first and then the default prices 2nd, hopeing that this would force the order of the prices to show in the order that I import them, but this doesnt happen.

When viewing the prices again in the back end of virtuemart, default price is in 1st place and shopper group in 2nd place.

ALL I NEED is tor order ALL default prices in last place for all products?

Should I be reporting this as a bug in the bug area  of the forum ?
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

aadilk4

please tell me how you got it working with CSVI Pro, i managed to setup the prices individually on the site,and ive done about 10,  but i need to do it with CSVI as i have over another  1400 products that have wholesale pricing,please guide me on this

sandstorm

Start a new topic in the correct forum and PM me details of it & I will write up a step by step process.
Its quite easy, but you have to change the way you import things a bit. Products are imported with a Default price and then you do an extra import with shoppergroup prices.
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16