News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Bug(?) "Missing value for ..." in Shopping Cart

Started by sscheidegger, December 23, 2013, 14:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sscheidegger

Hi all

After updating from VM 2.0.22e to 2.0.26a, I get a bunch of messages when going the shopping cart:

Missing value for First Name
        Missing value for Last Name
        Missing value for Address
        Missing value for Zip / Postal Code
        Please enter your billto address
        Please accept the terms of service to confirm

The messages appear from the first moment when navigating to the shopping cart. They aren't wrong, but I don't like to throw those messages at my customers before they even had the chance to fill in their address and accept the TOS. Is this behaviour on purpose or is this a bug? Or can those messages be disabled somewhere in the configuration?

Thanks for your help!

Jumbo!

These messages are generated by your Shipment or Payment Plugin which required those inputs. Disable One Page Checkout in VirtueMart Configuration and you will not see those messages again.

sscheidegger

I don't have One Page Checkout enabled. I tried with and without One Page Checkout, but I always get the messages. It seems that VM thinks it's in the last checkout step from the first moment!

Any other suggestions?

sscheidegger

What I forgot to mention: I also get strange messages on the Add/Edit billing address information page:

Missing value for COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_FORM_FIRST_NAME
        Missing value for COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_FORM_LAST_NAME
        Missing value for Address
        Missing value for COM_VIRTUEMART_SHOPPER_FORM_ZIP
        Please enter your billto address

sscheidegger

I found the problem: It's an incompatibility with the current version of Chameleon. Sorry, I thought I had checked that!