News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Prepaid coupon code required for checkout

Started by tk748, July 24, 2013, 16:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tk748

Hello Everyone,

I have created a payment method called "Prepaid Coupon". I am using the "Standard" option to create this payment method.

I have enabled the coupon option in VM and installed AWO Coupon plugin to create the coupon codes for certain products. All this is working fine but there is one problem.

When the customer chooses the Prepaid Coupon option as their payment method but does not enter a coupon code they can continue to check out.

Can someone tell me how to require the entry of the coupon number when using the Prepaid Coupon payment option described above? Can I add some additional code to VM core to do this? Is there a plugin that will do this?

I need to connect the coupon entry field to the checkout page. No coupon number entered in the coupon field then no checkout. A message should be shown saying "You must enter a Prepaid Coupon number to check out" or some thing similar.

Can anyone help with this?

All suggestions are welcome.

My thanks for any help you can give.

tk748

Hi All,

After two days and this post being read 22 times with no replys, I decided to post this in the commercial section. If you are interested in a small paid project the post is titled "Prepaid coupon required for checkout."

I am still interested in any ideas or suggestions you may have on how to this.