News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM 2.0.22 - related product error

Started by gpessoa, July 13, 2013, 16:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpessoa

Hi,
I just updated from VM 2.0.20b to 2.0.22 and now I get this error
vmError: related product is missing, maybe unpublished
J 3.10.5; VM 3.4.2; PHP 7.2.34

gpessoa

I already checked and the error its related products that are no longer published.
The main problem is that I have more than 500 unpublished products and I don't know which ones are or are not related to other (more than 1500) published products.
Should ´t VM control this?
If you unpublished one product that is related to another product, VM should control the situation and ignore or remove it from there.
Other solution may be create a tool that removes unpublished products from published ones!
J 3.10.5; VM 3.4.2; PHP 7.2.34

Milbo

I am sorry, but that is wrong.

First, only you as administrator see this message.
Second it is right what you say if for deleting of products, but not unpublishing. If you unpublish a product because it seasonal, then you dont want to configure everything again, then you could directly delete it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

illusiondrmr

Hello,

Im running Joomla 2.5.17 with VM2 2.6.10 and i just ran into this "problem" after migrating from VM1.
Is there an option somewhere to disable this error in the frontend? Many people wish to "unpublish" items mainly when they get out of stock and don't want to show it for some days.

Its pretty annoying for any administrator viewing the frontend..

Thanks in advance !

ekerner

I agree that it is not an error to unpublish a product which is listed as being related to another product.

Most largish shops will often have at least one unpublished product and so I have seen many situations in which the admin constantly sees this message, while said admin already knows - and/or doesnt care - that there are unpublished related products.

I have not seen this message in any VM3 shops yet so perhaps it has been fixed??

Also re the above conversation: If a product is deleted then of course all records of that product should also be deleted including its relationships to other products.

Thanks, Eugene.