[SOLVED] Error on auto-update / manual update to VM 2.0.22

Started by bluezeyes, July 11, 2013, 14:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluezeyes

Hello,

I got some Error while I try to upgrade from VM 2.0.20b -> 2.0.22.

Here are my system Infos in short:

• Server: Linux sh16-55 2.6.24-32-server (ubuntu) shared hoster
  • PHP: 5.2.17-0.dotdeb.0
  • MySQL: 5.0.96-0ubuntu3
  • memory_limit: 256M
  • max_execution_time: 60
  • Joomla-Version: Joomla! 2.5.11 Stable [ Ember ] (Plattform 22.4.0 Stable)
  • Old Version: Virtuemart 2.0.20b
  • Upgrade to: Virtuemart 2.0.22
  • Displayed error message:
       Auto-update: Das Archiv kann nicht geöffnet werden! Das Auspacken des Aktualisierungspakets ist fehlgeschlagen. Bitte aktualisieren Sie die Erweiterung manuell.
       Manuell (upload): Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in /hp/by/aa/jk/www/zb.com/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/updatesmigration.php on line 303
       Manuell (FTP): Same error when FTPed it on the server and run updatemigration.php
  • RO Permissions: No not writable dirs permissions afaik?
  • Hoster: 1blue

I got the Error messages each time it try to update manually or to call the upgrademigration.php directly.

Need some help,

because i now get some errors too (Category0 not published, missing column 'customer_number' in tbl orders) when i try to checkout the card.

Kind regards,

Jörn-Ingo Weigert

TAIWAR

SAME PB CAN T UPGRADE ERROR 500

jenkinhill

@bluezeyes the auto-updater does not work on many shared hosts. The T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM error only appears if you are using PHP5.2 - it does not happen with PHP5.3 or 5.4.  A fix will be made available for those stuck on hosts who have not updated their PHP version. If you cannot upgrade the PHP then stay on 2.0.20b for the moment.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bluezeyes

Quote from: jenkinhill on July 11, 2013, 18:10:38 PM
@bluezeyes the auto-updater does not work on many shared hosts. The T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM error only appears if you are using PHP5.2 - it does not happen with PHP5.3 or 5.4.  A fix will be made available for those stuck on hosts who have not updated their PHP version. If you cannot upgrade the PHP then stay on 2.0.20b for the moment.
Hmm the problem is that my providers backup is not working and I had to stuck now on that version..
And also i cant upgrade PHP to a more recend version, my provider announced that to end of 3 quartal of 2013...

Now there are some missing colums in tables which are not updated, like the orders table.. wich affects that the shop had to be off until the fix is ready ..
really bad ...

Kind regards,

Jörn-Ingo Weigert

Stonedfury

I had this issue with the aoi and the component. I did a joomla install just like the first time you install, instead and it updated just fine. Also some shared host have several versions of the php and you can change yours via the .htaccess file
RewriteEngine On
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php53 .php
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

Milbo

I found a solution, use this file and update the tables via tools

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

bluezeyes

Quote from: Milbo on July 11, 2013, 23:07:49 PM

Thanks Milbo for this quick solution!
It worked like a charm.

Kind regards,

Jörn-Ingo Weigert

DCJunior06

Resolved for me!

cpp

I have the same problem . I am not an expert. Can you tell me how i will use the file from Virtuemart -> Tools.

Or i have to update the DB using phpmyadmin?

PHP: 5.2.17
virtuemart: 2.0.20b

Thanks

bestpoint

tanks.
new updatesmigration.php is worked.
cpp - its in attachment.

cpp

Quote from: bestpoint on July 13, 2013, 20:01:21 PM
tanks.
new updatesmigration.php is worked.
cpp - its in attachment.

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i am not an expert......)

I had to replace the file to /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models
And i install it manual!

Thanks! Lets see if all works ok.....