News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Warning Display after unsuccessful Upgrade

Started by xniickiidx, July 11, 2013, 13:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xniickiidx

The Installed version on my website is: '2.0.20b' but Virtuemart told me it had a new update available: '2.0.22'

I tried to update the software in the normal way but it just reloaded the page and showed this error message:

'Unable to open archive
Extracting the update package failed. Please try updating the extension manually.
'

So I downloaded the package and tried to update the extension manually by using the Extension manager but it just seemed to load for a while and then the page would just crash and no update had taken place.
I have tried to use different browsers as this has caused trouble for me in the past but they all reacted the same way.

Now on the homepage of my website it displays the following warning message:

'getProductCustomsFieldCart Unknown column 'show_title' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT C.`virtuemart_custom_id`, `custom_title`, `show_title`, C.`custom_value`,`custom_field_desc` ,`custom_tip`,`field_type`,field.`virtuemart_customfield_id`,`is_hidden` FROM `jml_virtuemart_customs` AS C LEFT JOIN `jml_virtuemart_product_customfields` AS field ON C.`virtuemart_custom_id` = field.`virtuemart_custom_id` Where `virtuemart_product_id` =169 and `field_type` != "G" and `field_type` != "R" and `field_type` != "Z" and is_cart_attribute = 1 group by virtuemart_custom_id ORDER BY field.`ordering`'

I have no idea how to fix this problem or how to hide the warning message from the website because all customers will be able to view it and it isn't very professional or a good sign if you have a warning message on your online shopping website and I don't want people to be put off.

Could anybody help me with this problem please? The warning message needs removing asap.

Thanks in advance,

Nicola

Milbo

try in the tools update tables. Seems your server time is too short and the installation is not succesfully finished.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

xniickiidx

Thanks for your feedback Milbo but I have just tried to update tables as you suggested but the page just goes blank and freezes.

Anything else I could try or is there anyone else I could ask for help as the error needs to be removed as soon as possible?

jenkinhill

Surely you did not run an update on a live site?  See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=95513

If the table updater gives a blank page then this is possibly a 500 error, so the server error log may help.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=117042.0

This may work. Make a copy of the site using Akeeba and install in a subdirectory of your domain. Then try a re-install of the VM component and aio component using Joomla's extensions installer in that copy version. This may clear the problem, but if the issue is with a lack of server resources then you could see something similar happening again.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

xniickiidx

Thanks for your help jenkinhill

I will follow your advice and hopefully this will resolve the issues.

However, if it is the lack of server resources how would I improve this problem could you please advise me on that?

Thankyou again.

jenkinhill

For your server it may be possible that you are able to edit the settings in php.ini - although many shared hosts do not permit this as they prefer to limit what users can do. If you can, though,  the settings that I use are in http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102045.msg339125#msg339125
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

xniickiidx

The hosts response was:

We have checked on the issue further and the issue is with the table getProductCustomsFieldCart on the database that you have used. There was no problem with the server. Please check again the query on your database. As much as we want to assist you, however scripting is beyond our scope of support.

Could you advise me on how to fix the issue with this particular table?

Thank you

jenkinhill

Try a reinstall on a backup copy as decribed earlier.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

jenkinhill

In the meantime another example of that MySQL error has appeared, devs are looking into it.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

xniickiidx

Thanks jenkinhill if you could keep me posted that would be great.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Milbo

I would do it a lot easier.

If still available, to in the joomla extension installer and install VirtueMart completly normal again.
If joomla is not available, take the installer, extract it,.. you see there two folder administrator and components, copy it on your site per ftp so, that you overwrite what is there. Then use this link Yourdomain.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=updatesmigration, use update tables there
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

xniickiidx

Thank you Milbo I did as you said and it has now fixed the problem :)