News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Problem with a JScolor picker in the add to Card

Started by Art to Art, February 24, 2013, 16:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art to Art

Hi,

I'v got a problem with a color picker. I managed to make a JS color picker with the "text custom field " so far everything is working. I can choose a color at the product page, he shows the color at the product page. But when i put the product i the card the color picker box change to the standard value and i can't see witch color is chosen by the client.

Somebody knows why this happens and what to do about it?

Thx,
Ariën
Joomla version 2.5.8 Stable
PHP version 5.3.10

Art to Art

PHP version 5.3.10

jjk

I just had a look at your shop and the 'color picker' seems to work. I can see this in the cart:
Aan jou..., ontwerp je eigen spreuken tegel
9,95 €
Unieke code: 6003-001
Tekstregel 1 : TestArt
Tekstregel 2 : Colorpicker
Lettertype : Arial Black
Kleur tekst : groen <--- I suppose this is your 'color picker'
Extra's : Tegel standaard
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Art to Art

Hi JJK,

Thx for the response, but no that's the way i do it now because the JS color picker don't work.

I let someone choose a color in a JS color picker window, at the product detail page it show's the right color in a custom field, so far so good, but when i put the product in the card the custom field only shows the standard Hex numbers and not the chosen one's???

I don't know why he din't store the right values in the basket every thing else he is doing the right way like you said. every field is stored right but only the hex numbers off the color field wound
't be stored.

Do you have a cloy??

PHP version 5.3.10

jjk

Quote from: Art to Art on March 29, 2013, 16:39:50 PM
Do you have a cloy??

Sorry, I have no idea, since I'm javascript illiterate. Maybe you should search in Google for words like "color picker value not stored javascript" and ask in a javascript forum again in order to find out why your color picker code doesn't store your hex numbers.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

motberg

Quote from: Art to Art on February 24, 2013, 16:26:18 PM
Hi,

I'v got a problem with a color picker. I managed to make a JS color picker with the "text custom field " so far everything is working. I can choose a color at the product page, he shows the color at the product page. But when i put the product i the card the color picker box change to the standard value and i can't see witch color is chosen by the client.

Somebody knows why this happens and what to do about it?

Thx,
Ariën

Hi Ariën,

I am sorry but I don't have an answer for your earlier question. What I want to know is how did you get jscolor to work in VM2? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Martin