News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Virtuemart 2 guest checkout and registration

Started by lofman, February 16, 2013, 15:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lofman

Hi,

I have a webshop where user should be able to checkout without registration. But when user tries in basket to add contact address and email address it is not possible. All information have been entered and user press continue without registration. After that the form is erased and information is askt again. Same goes for if user press registration button. I have in vm2 configured enable guest checkout. My user maintenance link is in module and menu allowed for public.
When user press my registration link which is user maintance the registration goes through normal and user get registered.
My shop is installed on joomla 2.5 vm2 is version 2.0.16. VM is installed so it use only Finnish. I have modified vm2 css file and moved to my own template and redirected it. I also use some overrides on category and product.
I have also tried without overrides but guest checkout do not work.

What could be wrong?
Is there something with simple to solve the problem.
I have also a exact copy of my site elsewhere where I have tested with vm 2.0.18a and no difference.

Adding also that I have tried with disabling sef. nothing better than with sef.

jenkinhill

Are you using SSL?

Do you use .htaccess to force the www. prefix to urls? (this fixed a similar issue for one forum member)
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

lofman

hi,
no I dont use ssl. I have it in my space in a folder, and site is opened with subdomain. like http://shop.mydomain.fi
only .htaccess file that is in the site folder is joomla own file that is using to url rewriting.

I also tested now with disabling shop rewriting and renamed .htaccess so that file will not be used. Also checked and had category to cache. Removed cache.
Tried also with disabling from virtuemart seo

jenkinhill

As yours is the only report of this particular problem it must be something in your own setup. Normally I would suggest a re-install but you have already done that, and also to check the language files, as some reported issues which went away when the changed to English in Joomla & VM.

You probably need to rule out issues with using that subdomain, which I would do by making an Akeeba backup and testing it on another server or on localhost.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

lofman

Hi,

and thank you for your help.

I tested quick my shop with other joomla template. Template beez2. Shop funktion worked fine. What could be wrong with my template when other things works fine.
I have tried to copy necessary things from joomla template and after that make rest self.

What do I need to correct on my template? is there any ideas. Attached my template.

Thx in andvace

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Usual issue with templates is with JavaScript conflict, which could be with the menu, a slideshow or some module using js, so I'd look for those first.

You can check for errors & debug the js with Firebug. https://getfirebug.com/errors

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

lofman

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I tested to remove javascripts that I use. When you said javascript problems I suspected the flexcontrol scroll behavior that modifies normal scrollbars.
I removed it and tried shop and it worked fine.

thank you for helping with the issue

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Stonedfury

I had this issue and it was an MVC override. I had to replace the vm cart file to make it work. I think they updated because mvc is working and I havent had a complaint that I know of.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

ajg

Hi!

I have this same problem with checkout without registration.. I am using Joomla! 2.5.17 and VirtueMart 2.0.26.

I already removed all javascript and it did not help. What else could be wrong? My shop is in Finnish also..

I am kind of desperate because I have looked the answer two weeks and my client is not happy. :/