News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Can't update 2.0.18a > 2.0.22

Started by BjornOnPole, July 10, 2013, 15:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cssgyula

Hi,

I have been able to install the update via Joomla Extension manager, but at the end of the procedure there was a warning "There was an error while creating admin menupoints". Now I can only reach VirtueMart Admin from direct URL, but has disappeared from the admin menu. How can I solve this issue ASAP?

Thank you for your support in advance,

Regards,

Jules

Maxim Pishnyak

What 3rd party extensions do you have?
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

yosandra

Hello,
When update some language files, get modified. Is there anything we can do to prevent this?

Kind Regards,

jenkinhill

There are currently some changes in the way that language files are managed, but if you have created your own language strings and used them as language overrides in Joomla then they will not get changed on updating.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Agaton

Quote from: reggaebkk on July 18, 2013, 14:37:58 PM
Hi,
I'm trying to update and have the same invalid token problem:
Installed version 2.0.20b
update to Latest version 2.0.22a

I would like to disable restore points, but can't find anywhere to do so. I think I have looked every single possibility and really can't find out how to disable that.

Or did I?

By the way,
- I am on a dedicated server (but there are other of my sites on it)
- the virtuemart aio update worked fine (main component update was already not working before I updated the aio)
- and there's something I don't understand either: Joomla extension manager doesn't notice that there's a new Virtuemart version available.

I hope that there's not something obvious that i overlooked before I posted this though... but I really looked everywhere for well over an hour, even tried to find how to disable this restore points in database tables and various config files...

Did you solve this problem or does it still exist? I have a similar issue and don't use Akeeba Backup either.

dennis.g

Hey guys I wanted to contribute on this post. I did have this problem and I found a solution!

In the site with the problem there was no Akeeba backup, but there was the "All in one" extension. So what I did is opened the component "virtuemart-aio" which stands for All In One and did the update from there. That did the job.
Wasted enough time in blogs, forums, chats? Hire me! :)