News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Can't update 2.0.18a > 2.0.22

Started by BjornOnPole, July 10, 2013, 15:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BjornOnPole

Hello,

I am trying to update my Virtuemart, version 2.0.18a.
Whenever I use the VM Live Update, I get this error:

"Kan het archiefbestand niet openen
Uitpakken van het pakket mislukt. Probeer de extensie handmatig bij te werken."

Which means that it cannot extract the archive, please try updating manually.

However, when I update manually, I get this error:

"Invalid Token, in store config"

Anyone know what's causing this? And more importantly: How to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

jenkinhill

Live update does not work on some shared servers so best to always use Joomla's extensions manager.

For the token issue, do not set an Akeeba restore point before updating - that is the most likely cause of the message.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

BjornOnPole

Thanks for your reply, that was it!

I should note the new update has a bug, when a menu item is pointed at VirtueMart Show Categories, it displayed the error Category id 0 not published.

I fixed it by removing this code:

if(!$category->published){
      vmInfo('COM_VIRTUEMART_CAT_NOT_PUBL',$category->category_name,$categoryId);
return false;
}

From components/com_virtuemart/views/categories/view.html.php

jenkinhill

Yes, that is one that got though and already known.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

reggaebkk

Hi,
I'm trying to update and have the same invalid token problem:
Installed version 2.0.20b
update to Latest version 2.0.22a

I would like to disable restore points, but can't find anywhere to do so. I think I have looked every single possibility and really can't find out how to disable that.

Or did I?

By the way,
- I am on a dedicated server (but there are other of my sites on it)
- the virtuemart aio update worked fine (main component update was already not working before I updated the aio)
- and there's something I don't understand either: Joomla extension manager doesn't notice that there's a new Virtuemart version available.

I hope that there's not something obvious that i overlooked before I posted this though... but I really looked everywhere for well over an hour, even tried to find how to disable this restore points in database tables and various config files...

jenkinhill

Disable restore points in the Akeeba Backup component.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

reggaebkk

sorry but I don't have an Akeeba backup component.
Should I install that?
Because auto-update was performed in the past and I never had to install that. 

open-minds

Hi,

I try to update from 2.0.20b to 2.0.22a and I have the same problem. Akeeba Backup component is not installed.

Thank you.

franzpeter

Did you download the com_virtuemart.2.0.22a_extract_first.targz.zip or the com_virtuemart.2.0.22a_extract_first.zip? My server does not like very much targz files, so you may give a try to the com_virtuemart.2.0.22a_extract_first.zip instead.

open-minds

I'm using the live update that worked like a charm until now.

jenkinhill

@open-minds the Akeeba updater cannot handle the latest update, so use Joomla's extensions installer.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

reggaebkk

Hi,
Thanks for the help.
You mean to upload in install right? because Joomla can't see that there's a new update available for Virtuemart.
For me it's ok to upload and install, I just know that for some extensions, if I use the update function each time then it's good, but if only once I do it manually, then there's no automatic update possible anymore in the future, this is why I have avoided to simply do it manually so far and have tried to stick to the live update.

jenkinhill

Just use Joomla's extentions manager in the same way as when you install a new component etc. Install the main VM component first immediately followed by the aio component. Existing content does not get deleted.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

open-minds

I just made the test on a development website and it seems to work. I manually upgraded the main VM component and then made a live upgrade for the AIO VM component since this one seems to work. Is this procedure valid or do I need to also upgrade manually the AIO VM component?

Thank you.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK