Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Problem with multiple currencies

Started by albert.arroyo, July 08, 2013, 12:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

albert.arroyo

Hi,
with Joomla 2.5.11 and VM 2.0.20b.
I have a shop with multiple currencies (€ and $). € is default currency.
The process is:
- user login
- user change the default currency € -> $ with default module VM - CURRENCIES SELECTOR. The products change correctly the amounts.
- user make an order. The frontend order is correct. The user has all the time the amount with his currency (and Vm noticed in the final checkout the total amount in default currency, in this case, €).
- in backend the order is saved in € (for me correct).

The problems comes now:
- the user email confirmation, the total amount is calculated in €, but the currency that is shown is $  (conflict with user, that in frontend have seen total amount in $ and the email order confirmation see a different amount).
- the VM email confirmation for the admin, the same problem.
Example for more comprehension:
1€ -> 2$
User Order: 10$
Saved in backend Order: 5€
Email user confirmation: 5$ -> Error
Email VM admin confirmation: 5$ -> Error

I think the correct process will be:
- Email user confirmation: 10$ -> notification with the currency that he made all the VM process
- Email VM admin confirmation: 5€ -> always the default currency

In database, table virtuemart_orders:
order_currency, user_currency_id allways set with default currency. In the process checkout, and user register, I've never seen the option to set the currency or something like that.

What could be the solution for this? Some override to solve it? If there are the fields in the tables, it's possible to control the values? This change could affect in other places?

Thanks!

Milbo

Please test vm2.0.21 latest. Today should come 2.0.22 officially.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

albert.arroyo

Hi,
it's still 2.0.21 (Test versions).
This bug is solved in new version?
Thanks for reply!

albert.arroyo

I'm just updated to VM 2.0.22 and not solved yet.

When I change the currency and make and order, the amount it's not with the selected currency in the email user order confirmation (allways with default currency).
This is for some reason?
I have the shop with default currency in €.
It's quite confuse for the user, that make an order with $, and receive a confirmation email with total amount in €.

How could override this?
In table virtuemart_orders there are: order_currency and user_currency_id, what's the utility of this if allways contains the default currency value? Is possible to control the selected currency and when the user make an order change change this values for the selected currency, and after that, for the email order confirmation show the amounts with this currency?

Thanks!

Milbo

you have a shop currency, a payment currency and a user currency. You should be sure not to use any overrides.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

albert.arroyo

No, I'm use a default VM and a default template with no overrides.
I'm just testing the flux of VM to make and order with another currency that is not the default

alatak

Hello
Quoteyou have a shop currency, a payment currency and a user currency. You should be sure not to use any overrides.
and an email currency

The shop currency is the one defined in your shop
The user currency is the one selected by a user via the Currency module

You can create a payment method, and tell that this payment method will do the transaction in another currency
and also tell in which currency the email will be sent (the vendor currency= the one defined in your shop) or the payment currency

peete

I have the same situation. Please somebody tell us the solution.
Joomla 2.5.11 VM 2.0.20b

franzpeter

What did you set for tax rate in the payment and shipping plugins. If you did set 'Default Rules', switch it to something else and try if that things still occur.

Evelina1

e-mail arrives with the symbol of the selected currency, but the price is in the currency vendor

order(image 1)

e-mail (image2)

bug vm 2.0.18 - vm 2.0.22
in the VM 2.0.12f  it's okay

peete

Dear Evelina1

Firstly thank you to suggestion VM 2.012f it works fine. The amil what the system send perfect. But the admin site? I don't know what is the good currency and price. How can i set the admin site. I want to use Euro and Hungarian Forint and I can see forint on the admin site always. Please help me.

AntiCZ

It is template issue.  Bug if you call function $this->currency->priceDisplay() in invoice templates

change echo $this->currency->priceDisplay(  $item->product_subtotal_with_tax ,$this->currency);

on echo $this->currency->priceDisplay(  $item->product_subtotal_with_tax ,0);

This is example there are a lot of places where code must be fixed.

EAltea

Hello friends, I have aprox the same problem but in emails and the most big bugs I have it in the payment sistem with PayPal:
in the shop I can see the currencies (€ & $) correctly but if I go to pay in PayPal with $, the VM is revert the prices to the vendor currency (€) It's imposible to make the payment in € if I choose € or in $ if I choose $ in the payment process.
I use J2.5, VM2 and PayPalXpress. Multicurrency site and multi languge.
Somebody can help me with this bug, please?
thanks for now

jjk

Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations