News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Categories and sub categories

Started by katkins12015, May 21, 2013, 09:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katkins12015

Hi,  I am a newbie to VM, I am using version 2.0.20b with Joomla 2.5.11, I have created a top level category called "Clothing" beneath this I have two sub categories "Men" and "women" I have linked two products to the sub category called "women", when I click on my menu I am taken to a page which show the two sub categories beneath clothing, this is fine and as expected, if I then select the sub category "women" I can see my two products that I have assigned to that category, now the problem is if I then go back to the category page and this time select the category "men", when the page loads I also see the two products which are assigned to the womens category!!!  I have trawled this forum and many others and can not seem to find a solution, surely this is not the default behaviour?

If anyone can help with this I would be very very very grateful.

PRO

katkins12015

www.sexyloving.co.uk - go to the "clothing and Lingerie" category from the button in the main menu, this has three sub cats, all show two products from "for her" and one other product that is assigned to a totally different parent category?!

PRO

do you have joomla cache enabled?

are you using a 3rd party sef component?

and in the backend, the product is NOT assigned to those categories?

chezmoi

Quote from: katkins12015 on May 21, 2013, 11:56:25 AM
www.sexyloving.co.uk - go to the "clothing and Lingerie" category from the button in the main menu, this has three sub cats, all show two products from "for her" and one other product that is assigned to a totally different parent category?!

Katkins: I saw your website and you manage to settle this problem. Now I am facing the same problem as well. How do you do it?

DinahAlfaro

Annuity Rates Comparison Compare the leading Pension Annuities and Annuity Rates Quotes Online. theidol.com Annuity Rates Calculator will Help You Find the Perfect Policy for your Retirement