News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

virtuemart freezes after change in administration

Started by balage, June 14, 2013, 14:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balage

Hello,

we have more then 10000 products in our store and when we change something in virtuemart (options, products, categories, creation, editing, deleting, publishing, etc.), after the change the site and especially where virtuemart is published, freezes for almost a half minute. Users cant view in this time products or categories or place orders. This happens even when someone makes an order.

I would like to know if this is a virtuemart, joomla or a server problem? When no change is made in virtuemart everything works like a charm. Fast and smoothly.

Joomla version: 2.5.11
VM version: 2.0.20b

Anyone have any idea?

studioblue

I am building a large db as well.  Over 67000 products now.  I often go to MySQL and optimize the table to insure optimal performance.  Are you receiving any errors in you logs(cpanel)?

PRO

this seems like some other problem conflicting etc.

balage

sorry for the delay. i've checked the error logs but nothing there to indicate what is the reason. i even optimized the tables but the problem still exists.

studioblue

I know you will hate to hear this but the easiest way to fix this is to start testing each module you have installed.  One by one disabled them and check to see if the problem still exists.  Also, use the default admin template.   When you get a better response time then the module you have disabled is probably the culprit.  If you don't have a ton of modules then this won't take long.

If you want I can take a look at your admin and see if there is anything obvious.  Did you make any global changes like gzip enabled? or caching?

balage

Hello,

You're right. It was a module. When i unpublish it everything works as it should, so i wrote a nice letter to the developer to fix the problem. I hope they are gonna be able to provide a fix for this.