News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[solved]put validation on configuration shipping cost

Started by ereallstaff, June 27, 2013, 11:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ereallstaff

Hello every Dev, probably I am struggling a bit too much , but this is a project-wide bug

In many countries, the decimal separator is the coma "," while virtuemart only accepts "."

I took lot of work to understand why weight, shipping cost and so on weren't taked correctly , and it's very difficult to find this kind of error.

If you want europe to use virtuemart I think a javascript validation is needed, advise the user to use "." and not "," on decimal separator.

Thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ì
Try out our new joomla background rotator ( for joomla 1.x or 2.x), for only 14,99 eur @ innovailweb.it

Milbo

you can use the Komma in the prices. We just did not add this filter for the product dimension. The only confusing thing is atm that you enter it with Komma and then you see it after apply with a dot. Why is this an urgent matter? If you know that you need a dot it is more a matter of habit. I will a replace action like for the prices also for the dimensions. Later we may change the system working with the correct format of the language also for display.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

ereallstaff

I think it's urgent because it's an easy but essential mod . If I were a newbie arriving to virtuemart, the first thing I do is set up a simple shop. If I see things messy, what overall idea can have?  And also avoid loosing quite much time checking which can be the error.

Either making a validation it's quite simple in javascript, you can f.e. use on those field a class "toBeWithDecimalSeparator" directly changing "," with "." after submitting.

Or maybe by backend recognize that a value may come with a wrong coma separator, to replace with .

But this make a first use quite straight forward, without editing code.

thansk

Try out our new joomla background rotator ( for joomla 1.x or 2.x), for only 14,99 eur @ innovailweb.it

Milbo

Urgent is when you cannot use your shop. Urgent is when the calculation is wrong. Not a simple "I must use a dot instead of komma". and btw is anyway already fixed since 2.0.21f

Quote from: ereallstaff on June 27, 2013, 12:01:36 PM
directly changing "," with "." after submitting.

oh thanks that you read my answer .
Quote from: Milbo on June 27, 2013, 11:32:26 AM
you can use the Komma in the prices. .... The only confusing thing is atm that you enter it with Komma and then you see it after apply with a dot.

It IS already that way. Because a js telling you to use a . instead of , would be just annyoing
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

ereallstaff

I had read your answer, and that's why I have answered you that way.

The same validation is necessary in shipping, because normally who runs an ecommerce, use to ships product. And without this the shop is effectively unusable, in my opinion.

Thanks anyway.
Giuseppe

ereallstaff

That's maybe can explain better what I mean, I have just received sent trough email by deutsche customer

how can I know which is the problem ?

Statement says:
No payment configured
No shipment configured

What was at the end? that the shipment methods was not translated into the language selected by user.

Probably a dashbord with a todo things , to check what is needed to have a functional store may help ?

[attachment cleanup by admin]