News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

very bad css in chosen.css

Started by sealion, March 18, 2014, 18:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sealion

In the virtuemart stylesheets you have a file components/com_virtuemart/assets/css/chosen.css, it contains this code (at the bottom of the file)

/* overwrite the element.style only necessary for the beez standard template, you may remove it */
/*div[style]{
    overflow-x: visible !important;
    overflow-y: visible !important;
}
*/

I really hope you will remove it soon, it causes serious problems with some of my extensions. I consider it very bad css, it is basically a hack to deal with a problem in one template, it does that by attaching the  overflow-x: visible !important; overflow-y: visible !important; styles to any element that has a style attribute, regardless of whether this appropriate, and is impossible to override. The trouble is that it attaches to any element, not just those which are relevant to the actual problem.

If you want to replace it with some code that will work in dealing with the actual problem without causing unwanted side-effects, here it is:-

div.moduletable_js div.slide, div.moduletable_js div.module_content{
overflow:visible !important;

}

This works because it deals with the actual problem

This code works in the Beez2 template, and solves the actual problem

Milbo

Hello Sealion,

yes, you exactly described the problem. The chosen dropdown is hidden in the modules. That makes the language and currency selector unuseable for beez.

and yes it is a dirty hack, I agree absolutly. Does this solution also work on beez5?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

sealion

Yes, it works with Beez5 and Beez_20 (Beez2)

Milbo

Thank you, just tested. Didnt make it into the vm2.5.4, but will be in vm2.6.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member