News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Shipping tax not calculate with different taxes

Started by steigerhout, June 24, 2013, 21:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steigerhout

Dear,

I've a VM2 shop with two different tax rules. The first is 6% and the other 21%.
The shipping tax is calculated on the default tax rules.
So when I have only products with 6% tax in my basket, then the shipping tax is 6%.
When I have only products with 21% tax in my basket, then the shipping tax is 21%.
So far so good.

But when I have both products in my basket, then the shipping cost is displayed without tax.
When two different types of tax are in the basket, then the highest tax must be applied on the shipping cost.

How must I configure this?

h-bo

Is This problem solved,
I would like to have the correct settings

Thanks so far

reinhold

At least according to Austrian law, the shipping is taxed in the same proportion as the goods, not with the highest tax. E.g. if you have two articles, one for 10€ and 10% tax, while the other is 20€ and 20% tax, then 1/3 of the order is taxed with 10% and 2/3 are taxed with 20%. The shipping costs are taxed in that same proportion.

VM has implemented this in the latest version (both the weight and countries default shipping method distributed with VM, as well as my third-party Shipping by Rules plugin). You just need to select "default rule" as the tax.

Reinhold

h-bo

Hi Reinhold,

In the Netherlands it is arranged differently, because you should always use the highest rate when you place an order.
This can perhaps be solved in a different way?

h-bo

h-bo

Can I fix this with an override.

And is there anyone who can explain how to do it.

I have no knowledge of programming and where I should place it.

I would like some help.

thanks

steigerhout

Dear,

I've tried everything, but I don't resolve this problem.
So now I calculate on every order 21% tax to the shipping cost.
Better to much tax than less.

Kind Regards

thelake

well this doesn't fit with german law......

There must be a solution!?!

Milbo

TheLake
in germany it is almost like in Austria. The simple way is to use the tax which is mainly used in your cart (by value!). But it should be also correct to use the austrian way.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

thelake

sorry I don't get it,
two shipping fees
7%
19%

as soon as i have two products with different  taxes the user is able to choose between this two. This doesn't make sense

How to tell virtuemart to take the higher tax?

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

thelake

Sorry, but Austrian law is not german law.

My tax consultant won't accept some percentage calculation

product with 19% - tax on shipping 19%
product with 7%  tax on shipping 7%
product with 19% and 7% - tax on shipping 19%

I have to do this somehow!?!?

h-bo

Quote from: thelake on March 18, 2014, 09:30:23 AM
Sorry, but Austrian law is not german law.

My tax consultant won't accept some percentage calculation

product with 19% - tax on shipping 19%
product with 7%  tax on shipping 7%
product with 19% and 7% - tax on shipping 19%

I have to do this somehow!?!?

I live in the Netherlands and if there are two different rates (6% and 21%) tax then you have the highest rate to be charged on shipping with different rates.

I have asked before but try again:
Is there a file that I can change, so that always the highest rate will be calculated for shipping if there are two rates in the shop.
can anyone help us on our way to realize this.
thanks.

edthenet

Does somebody have a solution for the Netherlands.
Now the wrong tax is being calculated

Stefan Korth

the virtuemart developer should fix this, hint hint. Problem is they are programmers, and seem not to bother that the shop does not create invoices that are legal. As soon as you have items with two different taxes applied, the shop should give you the options according to the country you live in. As this is an issue you walk into when you e.g. have books, food and other items in your store, I bet there have been many walkarounds programmed so far, so it would be clever to do it once properly and have it implemented in the next release. But as logical as it might seem, duh, I would not hold my breath for it to happen.

haakplein

I solved for NL by adding an additional shipping method linked to a 9% vat category to which I assign books etc...
I have a category for all products that have a 21% vat.
the shipping 9% option excludes all products that have 21% VAT, so if 2 products are selected, the 9% vat shipping method does not appear.

However, if someone only selects a 9% article, he will see both shipping options. You would expect people to select the cheapest option, but this appears to be a challenging choice... :(

It would be good if the developers would solve this annoying issue.