News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Wow - Its Actually Working! but with Questions..

Started by tvos, June 21, 2013, 21:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvos

Friends,

Being new to VM2 and shopping cart install, configuration and setup has been a educational process.
I have the mechanics behind the registration, purchase, and pay pal sandbox are working but the visual,
layout needs clean-up work. So this is a BIG victory but there are questions!

Before I begin, my setup is: Joomla 2.5.11, VM2 running linux through 1and1 web hosting.

Store Format: Selling of my book through my web site. My book is a multi-media book, interactive. Customers pays then
they become registered and validated for entry to view on-line content.

Questions

1. Customer registers, fills in all the fields for ID/PASS and Shipper info. Joomla stores the customer info. and after check out process and
transaction is verified. The customer can't access into with ID/PASS into my joomla site to view my content.

A. Customer receives email from my site with a authentication link  to follow for validation. When click on the link, it directs the customer
to the main home page of my site. Nothing else happens.

B. Verified customer is created in the joomla user but not active or verified.

I would like to have this process automated and not have to play gatekeeper - so there is a intergral part that I am missing.

Please advise and Thank You for your help

Dave

PRO

it's an ONLINE book ONLY

You ONLY have 1 product?

tvos

yes, there is only one product which is my book to read on-line, download, listen etc..

when a customer purchases the book, they will then have access into my site.

hope this helps.

thank you,
dave

jenkinhill

Use ACL - so only registered users (ie those who have registered & paid) can access content. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=116339.msg392314#msg392314
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tvos

Thank You JH, I will definitely review this.

Dave

tvos

Hello Jenkinhill,

I did some read up on ACL and the link back to my other post. None of the links meet my needs and work for what I would like
to achieve. All those pointed to virtual products with a link to download.

I probably wasn't clear on how I am presenting my product which is a virtual book. When a customer registers and pays they will
have access to my material. All my content that is being offered is "registered user" in ACL when logged into my site. Menus, content front page.

Basically, they are paying for registered access through VM2. If customer registers but does not pay then they content can't be accessed until payment is received and verified.

Looked around the web and plugins for VM2 and really haven't seen anything out there. I have worked with pay plans and might be a possible solution, but for now I have been investing my time with VM2 and think it is a nice interface.

One option I thought about is customer registers, pays for my product and I verify payment has been made. I then go into Joomla ACL and change the customers account to registered...;-) Don't want to if I need but also a option to consider.

Please advise how you would go about this and any suggestions is appreciated from the VM2 users and team.

Thank You,

Dave