News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Show Product Images + Price in search results

Started by zainabubu, June 21, 2013, 18:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zainabubu

Hello, I use vm 2.0.20b + joomla 2.5. I really need help with figuring out how to have my search result show item's images and prices.

I've gone through the forum, and most of the answers applied to Vm1. I went as far a getting a vm template that had that in it's demo, but I don't even know how to have the template ONLY on the search page. The developer has not responded to questions, so I gave up on it.

Preferably, I'd rather use a method of overriding my current template and having it show the product's image and price.

Mod edit:  bump message removed.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?board=114.0

zainabubu

I've tried taking a peek at my search component...I installed a new search plugin, that just showed the same thing.
So far, I've only been able to find that my search results is based on the setting from

default_results.php from my template end

zainabubu

or does this need a module to achieve this? not sure why no one has commented on this. am i missing something?

Edit: I've just been informed that I need to use VM - Search in Shop, to get what I want. Looked through my back end, for some reason this did not install with my vm. Where can i get this file.
the stockable plugin did not install my vm also, so please point in right direction.

jenkinhill

Did you install both VM components, the main component and then the aio component which contains the plugins?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

zainabubu

yes I did. for some reason vm search was not showing in joomla's back end. Was able to uninstall it and linelab gave me the file to re-install.
Got it back on track. Having the same problem with the stockable plugin, would appreciate it if I can get a file to install directly instead.