Author Topic: Show Product Images + Price in search results  (Read 1841 times)

zainabubu

• VirtueMart Version: 2.0
Show Product Images + Price in search results
« on: June 21, 2013, 18:48:18 pm »
Hello, I use vm 2.0.20b + joomla 2.5. I really need help with figuring out how to have my search result show item's images and prices.

I've gone through the forum, and most of the answers applied to Vm1. I went as far a getting a vm template that had that in it's demo, but I don't even know how to have the template ONLY on the search page. The developer has not responded to questions, so I gave up on it.

Preferably, I'd rather use a method of overriding my current template and having it show the product's image and price.

Mod edit:  bump message removed.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?board=114.0

zainabubu

Re: Show Product Images + Price in search results
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 23:32:05 pm »
I've tried taking a peek at my search component...I installed a new search plugin, that just showed the same thing.
So far, I've only been able to find that my search results is based on the setting from

default_results.php from my template end

zainabubu

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 16:56:27 pm »
or does this need a module to achieve this? not sure why no one has commented on this. am i missing something?

Edit: I've just been informed that I need to use VM - Search in Shop, to get what I want. Looked through my back end, for some reason this did not install with my vm. Where can i get this file.
the stockable plugin did not install my vm also, so please point in right direction.

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 20:34:41 pm »
Did you install both VM components, the main component and then the aio component which contains the plugins?
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VirtueMart  4.0.2 10661 on Joomla 3.10.9 PHP 7.4.29

zainabubu

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 10:06:46 am »
yes I did. for some reason vm search was not showing in joomla's back end. Was able to uninstall it and linelab gave me the file to re-install.
Got it back on track. Having the same problem with the stockable plugin, would appreciate it if I can get a file to install directly instead.