Author Topic: Orders stay "pending" even when Paypal payment is (theoretically) notified  (Read 6784 times)

django29

Hello.
My problem is in the subject.
- I checked the IPN address on the Paypal website.
- The order is registerd in Virtuemart, and the payment in Paypal
- All the confirmation emails are sent

... but the field "Status" of the order stays on "Pending".

Joomla 1.5.2 + Virtuemart 1.1.9.

What can I do ?

stinga

• Contributing Developer
    • Squangle ltd
Re: Orders stay "pending" even when Paypal payment is (theoretically) notified
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 12:12:04 pm »
Have a look in paypal at the ipn history, might be a clue there.
Else you are going to have to work out what is wrong with notify.php
Stinga.
614869 products in 747 categories with 15749 products in 1 category.
                                             Document Complete   Fully Loaded
                Load Time First Byte Start Render   Time      Requests      Time      Requests
First View     2.470s     0.635s     1.276s          2.470s       31            2.470s      31
Repeat View  1.064s     0.561s     1.100s          1.064s       4             1.221s       4

lindapowers

• If you're going through hell, keep going.
    • Venta de naranjas online y mandarinas
  • Skype Name: manu.gonzalez91
  • VirtueMart Version: Latest avi
Having the exact same issue, did you manage to solve it?

We did not change anything in VM or Joomla code and using same version as you.

In our case emails are delayed for our or even days and in some cases you won't even recieve the IPN email that changes the order to confirmed, so they remain pending even after being payed.

Thanks

stinga

• Contributing Developer
    • Squangle ltd
Did you have a look in PP IPN history? That will tell you what PP thinks is happening.
Stinga.
614869 products in 747 categories with 15749 products in 1 category.
                                             Document Complete   Fully Loaded
                Load Time First Byte Start Render   Time      Requests      Time      Requests
First View     2.470s     0.635s     1.276s          2.470s       31            2.470s      31
Repeat View  1.064s     0.561s     1.100s          1.064s       4             1.221s       4

lindapowers

• If you're going through hell, keep going.
    • Venta de naranjas online y mandarinas
  • Skype Name: manu.gonzalez91
  • VirtueMart Version: Latest avi
Thanks Stinga.

TBH we were gonna look today (boss had to check that didn't have account access) but strangely it was solved, so now everything is working fine.

So nothing to do with Virtuemart but paypal itself.

Regards

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
If you use PayPal a lot you are advised to sign up for the status RSS feed on this page:  https://www.x.com/developers/paypal/documentation-tools/site-status

Then you would have been notified of this:  https://www.x.com/content/update-5-issue-receiving-instant-payment-notifications-ipns-jan-27   (but all fixed now)
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.4.3.10057 on Joomla 3.9.10 PHP 7.0.33
Testing VM 3.5.0.10097 on Joomla 3.9.10

lejeannotfr

hi, yes this problem happened in january but it also seems that the new htaccess of joomla can block the PP server and return a 403 error.
It may be due to a new line in the 1.5.26 joomla htaccess. I have this problem since 5 days and it's not due to PP ipn...and i don't have the solution.

dbzeroone

• Beginner
Django29, did you ever solve this problem? I'm going through the same thing right now and any info would help.

PHP 5.3.13
Joomla 1.5.26
Virtuemart 1.1.19
Paypal Website Payment Pro

lejeannotfr

i give you a response worthy of this forum : upgrade to VM 2 because there's no solution...  ;D
Go to see in your paypal account in the configuration you must give your website urls to check ipn and automatically send the order status.

ssbuchan

• Beginner
dbzeroone,

I had this same issue and just resolved it today.  I'm using Hostgator for my hosting and the problem for me was on their end.  They recently made some changes to their system which resulted in Paypal being blocked by a firewall. I started getting 406 error codes returned to Paypal which are logged in the IPN History section in my Paypal account.  The solution was for Hostgator to whitelist my domain so that Paypal could once again communicate with virtuemart and get through the firewall.

Not sure if this will resolve your issue or for anyone else, but I thought it would be worth sharing just in case.