Author Topic: [solved]Info: Assign virtuemart to a menu item  (Read 30862 times)

install

• Beginner
Re: [solved]Info: Assign virtuemart to a menu item
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 06:35:32 am »
hi  :)
i had a same pro and solved it
in the menu manager-> create a new menu item->menu type, you select 1 of virtualmark menu type
done
hope it help ;)

nflmerch

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2011, 22:30:08 pm »
This has been fixed in subrelease J   ;D
I can now unpublish the VM menu module without this error showing up.
Thank you

Venkko

• PikkuKoala
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 22:18:59 pm »
Hi!

I just installed 1.9.8.L and now my front-end shows up Info: Assign virtuemart to a menu item
I have Joomla 1.5.23.

What I have read in here there has not been good solutions about this allthough this thread has been marked as solved.

So how can I get rid of that text?
www.pikkukoala.fi (J 1.5 & VM 1.1.5)
www.lastentavarat.fi (J 1.5.23 & V2.0.0)

orasis

• Beginner
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 22:53:24 pm »
I am testing virtuemart v2.0.1n  on joomla 2.5.1 and I have created all menu items available by virtuemart. I do get the message:

Code: [Select]
Info: Assign the component VirtueMart to a menu item
..that, when I am at a virtuemart page. If I am on Joomla's home, I get:

Code: [Select]
Info: COM_VIRTUEMART_ASSIGN_VM_TO_MENU
not so nice so far :D hope this gets fixed soon.
cheers and congrats for the great work so far.

p.s: who had the idea to mark topic as solved I dunno..

Update: Ok I tried something different and worked. Once I had the site to multilanguage mode, I didn't have any virtuemart menu item set to "Language > All". All vm menu items where in a specific language.
The message went away when I created a menu item "VirtueMart >> Front page >> Language > All".
At least that's how it works so far. Of course that menu item can be hidden and not shown anywhere but needs to be published.

Studio 42

• Contributing Developer
  • Joomla & Virtuemart developper
    • Studio 42 - Virtuemart & Joomla extentions
  • VirtueMart Version: 2.6 & 3
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 01:53:59 am »
Hi mflmerch,
It's simple, If you donot set correctly the menu entry to have right sef then you have this message.
Try to inactive SEF in joomla setting and look, no more> Info: Assign virtuemart to a menu

If you want not see a specific Virtuemart link but have a right SEF
add menu link to menu's but unpublish the module displaying this or simply does not affect you rmenu links to a module menu.
It's so in joomla and we only inform that must be done.

nflmerch

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 22:41:05 pm »
Thanks Electrocity, but my issue was fixed in subrelease J way back in October:
This has been fixed in subrelease J   ;D
I can now unpublish the VM menu module without this error showing up.
Thank you

Merry

• When life hands you lemons, grab tequila and salt.
    • ShowMeGuides
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 23:04:25 pm »
NFLMerch said:
> Wow this thread is confusing  :o   The first few strange answers have led me to spend alot of time looking into things and reading forums that has nothing to do with my error.
> Now again, I searched all over the forum for any thread with the  Fatal error: Class 'VirtuemartController error, and looked at the code, and I'm still not sure what that has to do with Info: Assign virtuemart to a menu item.  And just an FYI, this thread was marked [solved] when it hasn't been.

NFLMerch is correct; this thread is marked SOLVED when it does not tell HOW to assign virtuemart to a (fake) menu item to make this error message go away.

Could someone either unmark this solved, or give the solution, please?  I would really prefer the solution. :-)

TIA,
Merry
Answer is probably from my VirtueMart 2 User Manual ebook, includes FREE updates. FREE Admin Menu Cheatsheet, Quick Install Guide & 30-Minute Quick Setup Guide http://showmeguides.com/

alquemius

• Beginner
  • Skype Name: tduque_skyper
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2013, 18:56:40 pm »
Hi This post was really helpful I wanted to add for anyone else who comes...

In my case I did want the store front page, but even though I had assigned the menu it still send the error.
I solved it by going to Menu Manager: Edit Menu Item in joomla and on the language selection I left is as "All"

Problemn solved  I have two languges installed for site and content perhaps that's why.

Have a good one!

Peter Pillen

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2013, 00:14:59 am »
In my case (multilanguage site and virtuemart)... I had all menu already there and this error never occured before.

I solved it by going to virtuemart > configuration >configuration > shop > language settings

I needed to re-select all the languages for virtuemart. Possibly after an update, the language settings get lost during the proces.