Average customer rating not showing up on Category page on every template

Started by MAD King, June 18, 2013, 02:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAD King

Hello,

I have seen a few threads here at this forum with the same issue, but sadly without any response/help.
I hope I get an answer.

I have products with reviews, but these reviews do not show up on the category page. I have only an empty "Average customer rating: "
These is with every template: Atomic, Beez 5 and Beez 20. Rating is of course set to on in the VM config. Otherwise there wouldn't be any reviews showing on the product page.

Thank you for any help
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

pixelofficer

I've found only one solution which includes hack of VM core files (not tested yer), but nothing else.

Sadly, no response if it's bug, or not :(

MAD King

Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

pixelofficer

You can find similar topics here, but no relevant answer :( it's a shame

liquid.ideas

This may be a very silly thing to ask, but if it is a new site you have put in some testing ratings?

pixelofficer

Well, good point (in style like - have tried to turn it off and on again? :), but certainly it's not a case :) I've tried to add ratings and when nothing shows up in category view (just a note: averege rating without stars) a opened source code and found this:

<!-- The "Average Customer Rating" Part -->
<?php if ($this->showRating) { ?>
<span class="contentpagetitle"><?php echo JText::('COM_VIRTUEMART_CUSTOMER_RATING'?>:</span>
<br/>
<?php
// $img_url = JURI::root().VmConfig::get('assets_general_path').'/reviews/'.$product->votes->rating.'.gif';
// echo JHTML::image($img_url, $product->votes->rating.' '.JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_REVIEW_STARS'));
// echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_TOTAL_VOTES').": ". $product->votes->allvotes;
?>

So there is some commented code - and when you uncomment it, its not working.... So definately problem with defualt template / theme or core files in VM...

liquid.ideas

Maybe this would work?
<?php
if ($this->showRating) {
    $maxrating VmConfig::get('vm_maximum_rating_scale'5);

if (empty($this->rating)) {
?>

<span class="vote"><?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_RATING') . ' ' JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_UNRATED'?></span>
    <?php
} else {
    $ratingwidth $this->rating->rating 24//I don't use round as percetntage with works perfect, as for me
    ?>

<span class="vote">
<?php echo JText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_RATING') . ' ' round($this->rating->rating) . '/' $maxrating?><br/>
    <span title=" <?php echo (JText::_("COM_VIRTUEMART_RATING_TITLE") . round($this->rating->rating) . '/' $maxrating?>" class="ratingbox" style="display:inline-block;">
<span class="stars-orange" style="width:<?php echo $ratingwidth.'px'?>">
</span>
    </span>
</span>
<?php

pixelofficer

No :( syntax error :( and since i'm no programmer, I'm unable to fix it :(

Maxim Pishnyak

You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

liquid.ideas

Maxim Pishnyak

Check thread with the name 'How to display rating in category view'.
You can support Community by voting for Project on the JED
https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/virtuemart/#reviews
Join us at
https://twitter.com/virtuemart

ajaz19

Hi,

I am also experiencing the same issue, I have tried the recommended solutions to no avail. I cannot get "ratings 5/5" to stars, also no star select option when leaving a review.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

bunglehaze

Same for me too, 2.0.22c and I have tried a few of the things found on the forums but either get errors or nothing showing at all.

Is there a definitive way in which to display average customer ratings on the category page or is this currently a broken/missing feature? The code already included in the VM standard view does nothing also.

bunglehaze

Thanks Maxim, has the 22d release got different template overrides to put into place? I will take a look and test it