News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[Solved ] wrong products in cart

Started by nickon2, June 10, 2013, 23:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

You must disable the cache in the JOOMLA config.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

nickon2

I have done that also.
Also something that is strange is if you go eg
http://demo.multitec.gr/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=category&virtuemart_category_id=4&Itemid=188
And add a product and then add a second product you will see that while the modal window show cart pops up (and until you click on continue shopping) you see in minicart 2 products, when you click continue shopping only one product is displayed.

Meanwhile jenkinhill suggested in threat
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=116348.0
that there maybe is a ajax problem but did not provide any additional info on how to fix this
Please note that after jenkinhill's reply I had disabled almost any extra module I have installed with no change
Also I tried beez5 theme just in case it would be a template issue but had no result

Kind Regards

nickon2

Hi,

Seems I have managed to fix the problem.
Problem was the jtouch plugin. When disabled all seems to be OK
I would never believe that plugin could create so much trouble.
I am not a developer so I don't know the tech part of it but after disabling this all seems to be OK (so far)

AH

This is an issue with the "ease" of creating a site with CMS systems.
The numerous plugins built for Joomla at no cost which is a great strenght is also a big problem for non technical site owners. With so many free modules we are all guilty of installing with happy abandon.  :)
You have experienced a common issue with this strategy, a module/plugin conflict.

Non developers do not use firefox (firebug) or chrome (console) debug tools and are unaware of problems until things do not work.

You will not be the last person to have an issue with a plugin.

In the end, if you are trying to run a dedicated ecommerce site, the ecommerce software has to take priority over all the other nice to have and "essential" extras that are available for Joomla.

I am sure the team have spent much time on following best practice (and this can be seen from the great progress in VM2).

That said, I have yet to have a conflict with modules that I have installed (but i read carefully the feedback and the VM forums before using one!)

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

nickon2

Trust me when I say that I have tried both firebug and most debug tools I could think of.
The reason I wanted to use jtouch is to make the template responsive, I would never have thought that this will conflict with vm as I don't see any direct connection with vm.
That beeing said setting up vm is not the easiest task for both technical or non-technical users, the time you spent tweaking vm and fixing bugs is something not for the average site admin.
But I like vm nevertheless.

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0