News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Custom fields - strange calculation of price

Started by betterlead, June 12, 2013, 12:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

betterlead

I have an issue with the prices in custom fields.

When a version of a product costs some extra or something is added to the product by the customer, in the old VM1.1 I simply wrote +40 in the filed and then that would be added to the price (plus tax/VAT of in my cases mostly 25%) So the result should be 50.

Now, I know I don't need to write the "+" anymore in VM2.0, but the trouble is, the 40 becomes 67,50 with the VAT included. But that is only presented in the field of choices (custom field) for the customer - when the total is summed up, it's correct. That is very confusing for the customer.

My site: http://tingshop.com
Live site runs on Joomla 3.9.24 & VM 3.8.6 10373

PHP: 7.3.26

Milbo

Please provide a link to the product, which you mean. Then I can take a look.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

betterlead

In second example the prices should be:

109:- for the "liten" and 179:- for the "Stor" VAT is 25%. So as in VM1 I put 56 (net) in the field. Plus sign is not required any more as I understand. Or?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

betterlead

On my old server, now a place for tests, I made a new Testproduct and same problem here. See the three screen shots. I can give you login credentials to the backend if you'd like to take a closer look.

betterlead

And here is a forth image: The thriller indeed...

Milbo

Disable in the vm config that the variant prices are with tax. It helps also to enable first all prices, to understand which prices to display
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

betterlead

Hi, thanks for the reply. Well it's a bit better that way, but still not good enough. It's confusing for the customers. They add a custom product displaying the price of 80 and then 100 is added to their cart. I am sure not satisfied as a customer when I see such things.

I see now, the problem has been discussed for months on the forum and what can be the problem with fixing this? I am sure, almost everybody selling products to end consumers via VM in EU, need this.

Dear developers, isn't this quite simple to fix? Or am I totally wrong?

In EU we are obliged by the laws to display all prices incl VAT when selling to end consumers. VAT may be displayed too, but alway, the total price per product must be displayed.

In the way VM is configured right now, it's impossible.

Thanks

Milbo

betterlead

Oey, for me, just being a simple user of VM, with very little knowledge about the core(?) and programming language or what ever it is called, I simply don't have any idea, what to do with that code you have linked to.

Is there any more help to get?

betterlead

Please, that answer and link really doesn't help a dummie like me.  :P
I have tried all different configurations that comes in mind, but no setting does the job for me.

Could someone just tell me the settings I should do?

I want this:

Shopper sees the price of the product, incl VAT.
Shopper sees the price of "extras" under custom drop down menu incl VAT.
Shopper gets the total price incl VAT in the cart.
Shopper sees the amount of VAT in the cart.

All very logic, it seems to me.

If it's fixed already, why can't I achieve it? Do I have to be a professor to fix it?

So again, please, I need an extra head here.

Cheers
/Betterlead

S. Nalepa

Quote from: Milbo on June 14, 2013, 20:49:00 PM
It is fixed. You just do not display the prices correctly. It is a matter of configuration. Look here http://istraxx.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=7&virtuemart_category_id=4
Hello Milbo.
Is your solution possible also if you don't show all the three fields, Sales price, Sales price without tax, and Tax amount, or does this way of showing the prices need to be turned on to include tax in the additional charge showed in the dropdown? Could it work when only showing the Sales prices with tax included?

Milbo

Quote from: betterlead on June 14, 2013, 21:43:35 PM
Oey, for me, just being a simple user of VM, with very little knowledge about the core(?) and programming language or what ever it is called, I simply don't have any idea, what to do with that code you have linked to.

Which code? Did you ever clicked on it? There is just a product with variants, which shows that it is calculating correct and just a matter of your configuration, which is btw exactly working by default. If you misconfigure your VM, we cannot change it.

S. Nalepa, the calculation is NOT in any way depended by the VIEW on it. The reason I say, enable first ALL prices, understand it, choose what you want (we cant know) and configure it as YOU like.

Milbo

I just checked, in the backend are all prices activated, except the unit price.

betterlead

Ok, no code, of course. I was really tired when watching that site you gave a link to. Today I see, the configuration for the chain saw is like I want it to be.
So, it gave me hope and I sure understand it's possible. But, I did as you described and unchecked one item at a time and checked the front end, reloaded every time, but no way José.
What can I possibly do wrong? In the config there isn't any "unit price". Or am I looking and trying to configure in the wrong place. Something in the tax/VAT settings? Or any other place?
Look at the screen shots of the settings. Could you just simply tell me which one of 1-11 a or b I should uncheck? 3a : 4b or what? 3 a+b or?
A simple answer, if it's in this place I should do the configuration to make it work like "the chain saw" in your link.

Best regards
/Betterlead