News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

How to open image in new window?

Started by twojoint, June 11, 2013, 13:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twojoint

Hi,
When i see my webshop in the front-end and i look at products, i click on the image and it opens in the same window (i have a blank page with only the image, and the page with my webshop is gone).

How can i make them open in a new window or a pop-up or something???
I have looked in all the settings but can't find it.

twojoint

i've had virtuemart installed on another website and there the images open in a new window (some sort of popup).
but with this site it just opens the images in a new window and the window with the webshop is gone.

help please...

jenkinhill

Most likely you have a JavaScript issue, somthing stopping facebox from working. You can use the debugger on IE9/10 or Firebug on Firefox to check for scripting issues.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=79799.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

twojoint

ok, sorry. I have version 2.0.20b

It's not only the images, the stars of the product review system also doesn't work, it has always 5stars (i can't select another one)
it's probably the same problem, but is there another way to check scripting issues because i have none of those browsers (i use chrome)

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

twojoint

OMG this debugging is to heavy for me, i'm not a professional scripter. i'm just learning by myself
i think i don't mind the pictures open like that.

But for the stars, i'm not using any template override?

jenkinhill

Are you using a commercial template or VirtueMart theme?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

MediaCore

Sounds like (as per the answers above) a Javascript issue, what does your website design/template allow for?

Most have some form of lightbox popup when you click on a product image.

Milbo

No one asks you to debug it. Just use this tools to check if

- jquery is loaded more than one time (just with different versions) => conflict
Look for something like <script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.4/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> in your code (header at top of the file). It just not appear twice, for example
<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.1/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
This means you load jquery twice.

- use the console tab, reload the page and check if you can see errors there.

We could take a look ourself, but then we need a link to your page :-)

In case it is your template, go to the vm config in the BE and go to the template tab. There you can disable the loading of virtuemart js, if your template provides its own. It also helps to ask your template developer.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

twojoint

I'm using a free template i downloaded from joomla24.com

http://www.control-your-health.be/index.php/webshop/accessoires/test-detail
this is my site, login with name=test password=test to see that the stars don't work

twojoint

I can see in the console i have 3 errors, but i really don't know wat to do with it.

jenkinhill

On the web page alone without logging in I have picked up 9 JavaScript errors, so I'm surprised that anything works at all:

SCRIPT5009: 'Class' is undefined
caption.js, line 4 character 1
SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'addEvent'
www.control-your-health.be, line 43 character 1
SCRIPT5007: Unable to set property 'Binds' of undefined or null reference
mootools-more.js, line 1 character 1750
SCRIPT5002: Function expected
www.control-your-health.be, line 496 character 4
www.control-your-health.be, line 496 character 4
SCRIPT5009: 'Hash' is undefined
modal.js, line 7 character 1
SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'addEvent'
webshop, line 50 character 3
SCRIPT5007: Unable to set property 'Binds' of undefined or null reference
mootools-more.js, line 1 character 1750
webshop, line 648 character 4

There are also multiple HTML errors. I can see the "stars" but the JS errors will stop them from working.

As fa as I can see all the issues are coming from the code in your "free" template which appears to have been built using an old version of Artisteer that never did generate templates that worked properly with Joomla components using JavaScript. It also looks a mess in Firefox.

If I were you I'd ditch the template and start again with something more reliable.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

twojoint

Ok, thanx.
I noticed that this template had some issues, but this is to much.
I will take your advice and ditch this template.

Thanx for trying to help a noob like me ;)

twojoint

Hi, i followed your advice and ditched the template. I bought a nice template from astemplates.com ,
but the stars are still not working and the images still don't open in a new window.

look at http://www.control-your-health.be/index.php/webshop/accessoires/test-detail
login with "name: test" "password: test" to see the stars

twojoint

Now when i open the javascript console but don't login i see only 1 error and it's coming from virtuemart itself.

http//www.control-your-health.be/components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/fancybox/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4.pack.js

line 46: Uncaught type error: object function (){b.open.apply(this,arguments)}has no method'init'
easingOut:"swing",showCloseButton:true,showNavArrows:true,enableEscapeButton:true,enableKeyboardNav:true,onStart:function(){},onCancel:function(){},onComplete:function(){},onCleanup:function(){},onClosed:function(){},onError:function(){}};b(document).ready(function(){b.fancybox.init()})})(jQuery);

when i login to see the stars i get multiple errors all coming from VM itself all saying: uncaught referenceError: Jquery not defined

What can i do to solve this?????