News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

[Solved ] wrong products in cart

Started by nickon2, June 10, 2013, 23:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickon2

Hi

While testing our new site at demo.multitec.gr I notest that at some point the vm cart looses it products
Try this with firefox or chrome (not tested with other browsers)

Go to
demo.multitec.gr/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=303&virtuemart_category_id=1

Add product to cart using the red button (minicart and cart show 1 product)
Add a new product eg
http://demo.multitec.gr/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=307&virtuemart_category_id=1

Then go to
demo.multitec.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=166
or
http://demo.multitec.gr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=168
do this one or twice

at some point minicart  show 1 product less)

Go to cart
demo.multitec.gr/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart&Itemid=21

product shown are 2

This happens most of the times.
Some other times it "remembers" old product even though I have removed them from the cart (either from dropdown or the cart itself) What is going wrong ?

Note that if at some point I login with a user and while the minicart shows the wrong product after the login products are ok
Seems this is happening while user is not logged in.
Kind Regards

PRO

have you tested this with the "modal" pop up add to cart?

what version vmart you using?

have you tested this with a standard joomla template?

nickon2

vm version is 2.0.20b (latest on j 2.5.11)
Yes I have tested it with modal popup with the same result
Please note that the problem is not when adding a product. But AFTER that when it looses the products from the cart
Seems that this is happening while browsing to non vm pages
Tried it with beez5 with the same effect.
Also strange is that even though I remove the products from the cart page at some point the product are displayed agian
Please note that I have disabled the system cache plugin and installed jotcache and disabled the vm cache in the hope this would help

AH

I think you can already see that maybe it is the cache having problems, we never run with cache of any sorts.  Try disabling ALL caching
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

nickon2

I'm not that sure. I have already disabled the cache plugin. Should I do anything else ?

AH

Quoteinstalled jotcache

try disabling this

then clear all cache and try again
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

nickon2

AH

Is it working now or still an issue?
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

nickon2

AH

I have spent some time on the site (My greek is not improved!)

I think this is caching, as I move from product to product, if I return to a product I have added to cart or been on previously, the state of the cart is "reset"

I skip from 2 products to 8 back to 4 etc.

I cannot really provide much more assistance.

Question for you - are you using the CKmaximenu plugin for Virtuemart and if you are is it working well for you and straight forward to setup?

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Milbo

joomla caching must be disabled or use correct plugins. The cart view MUST NOT be cached ! Same for user, order, invoice view and so on.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

nickon2

Hi Milbo,

I have disabled cache from the plugin manager (system-cache) I had jotcache installed but is currently disabled. Is there anything else I should do?

AH

ehrm, I think I already said that you need to turn off caching!  If there is still a problem, then look at the cart module you are using.  Disable this and try testing the base cart module.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

nickon2

I did! I tried with the standard vm cart. but have the same result.

nickon2

Quote from: Hutson on June 12, 2013, 01:27:45 AM

Question for you - are you using the CKmaximenu plugin for Virtuemart and if you are is it working well for you and straight forward to setup?

No I don't use the vm plugin, I added the links manually, maximenu works quite well though