News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

The Virtuemart Check-Out Process Question

Started by tvos, June 10, 2013, 19:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvos

Friends,

I have installed VM to my joomla 2.5.11 package and setup. Now, comes the fun part where I am confused
and need direction.

Product that I am selling is my book which will be accessible through my web site. Each customer has to have a registered account
in order to access my material.  In conjunction with ordering my book, I have acymailer installed where a Thank You email for purchasing the product is sent to their email. I do have paypal sandbox setup with the accounts in place for testing.

Would someone kindly direct me to the location that discusses how to create joomla users based on their paid subscription?

Thank You,

Dave

jenkinhill

Is the book (ie product) an ebook to download or a physical book to be shipped? You talk as if it should be read on your site.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tvos

Hi Jenkinhill,

Appreciate your follow-up.

My book will come in different formats: audio mp3 book, ePub, on-line book that will be accessed through my web site. There will be no physical book at this time, so no product will need to be shipped - all virtual. The customer only pays one payment and has access into my site to choose their preferred format.

When someone visits my web site and decides to purchase my book. During the process it will register the customer as paid, then allowing access to
my material. I just am not sure about the steps about how to achieve this. I know the user needs to be registered as a joomla user, but confused about the process.

If you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

BTW: I am using VM2 (latest version) and Joomla 2.5.11

Thank You,

Dave

jenkinhill

Sounds like you do not yet have an understanding of how easy eCommerce is! For your downloadable products, once Joomla & VirtueMart are installed and working OK, you will need to add in a plugin to handle downloadable products. There is plenty of choice of plugin for this from basic and free to sophisticated and paid for, but with the cost likely to be covered in the first few sales.

http://extensions.virtuemart.net/extensions-virtuemart-2/shipment-for-virtual-products-detail
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=103808.0
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104883.0
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=109354.0
http://www.kainhofer.com/virtuemart-2-extensions/vm2-downloads-for-sale.html

If you use PayPal as the payment system (although you can also use any other available payment plugin),  upon confirming to purchase the product the shopper pays on the PayPal site and is then emailed a link to downlopad their purchased product.

Fo access to read a book on the site (presumably this will be in HTML format) you could use Joomla 2.5's ACL system to make a special user level and allocate your purchasers to that Joomla user group. To this group using ACL setting you can show a link to the book on your site. This last bit is maybe the only tricky bit.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tvos

I will definitely read up on these and educate myself through the process.

Thank You,

Dave

tvos

Quote from: jenkinhill on June 12, 2013, 10:53:03 AM
Fo access to read a book on the site (presumably this will be in HTML format) you could use Joomla 2.5's ACL system to make a special user level and allocate your purchasers to that Joomla user group. To this group using ACL setting you can show a link to the book on your site. This last bit is maybe the only tricky bit.

I have done some research on this and understand the groups, users, and level access rights. Maybe I wasn't clear in how I described my web site and shopin the previous request.

Customer visits my site and only see the front end content advertisement for the book. I am a author and my book will be accessible through my joomla site once the customer registers and purchases the access rights. In essence, they are paying for a id and password once the paypal purchase is verified. Once the customer logs into the joomla site, they are presented with a main page with three graphic  icons - a book, conference room and a audio download. Also, the menu items have changed based on access into the site. I will not need for customers to have a digital virutal download in the links you provided. All material is there once logged into the site.

I ran through a register/payment process and the customer is assigned to the registered group which I changed in the ACL.  This is what I want however
if the customer only registers, skips the payment step they can login to the the site and see everything.

There must be a setting/config in VM2 that will authentic this process. I am close so any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

In the meantime, I will continue to read. If I discover my solution, definitely will document this.

Thank You,

Dave

tvos

please lock and close this thread.

thank you,

dave