News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Recently Viewed Products - wrong category name

Started by wanrouter, June 09, 2013, 20:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wanrouter

Dear forum members, we operate e-commerce version of VM 2.0.12f.

Under the products pages at the end we have last viewed products to see. Names and links of these products are correct but the category is wrong, it shows not category related to the product, bud category where the user currently is. How to fix it? Thank you!

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

I suggest you upgrade as that version is old, and many bugs have been fixed since then. Current stable version is 2.0.20c and 2.0.22 will be released very soon.

Test the upgrade on a backup of your site first.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

wanrouter

Quote from: jenkinhill on June 10, 2013, 09:03:16 AM
I suggest you upgrade as that version is old, and many bugs have been fixed since then. Current stable version is 2.0.20c and 2.0.22 will be released very soon.

Test the upgrade on a backup of your site first.

At this time it is not possible to make an update because of template we use, but we will do it after the next relase of VM (2.0.22).

Milbo

Is the template overwriting the core? or using the template override function of joomla?

It is very often so that you can just remove an old override. They often fixed small errors which are not anylonger there (w3c check for example). You should try it on a backup. At least that we know if the bug is still there.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

wanrouter

Quote from: Milbo on June 10, 2013, 13:50:31 PM
Is the template overwriting the core? or using the template override function of joomla?

It is very often so that you can just remove an old override. They often fixed small errors which are not anylonger there (w3c check for example). You should try it on a backup. At least that we know if the bug is still there.

The template is using override function over Joomla. I can try it... I think that this would be a template problem mabye...