News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Change shopper permission (group) to manage the shop

Started by MaxMi, June 05, 2013, 18:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxMi

Hello,
I write to the forum for help .. because I can not change the permissions of a user in VM 2.0.20b with Joomla 2.5.11.

I would like to create a user that in addition to me (administrator of the site) is able to manage the store. Here are the steps I did:

1) created a user group "xxx" in Joomla under the group "administrator"
2) changes the permissions to do so only access Joomla VM
3) create a user whose permissions are groups of "xxx"
4) At this point the user is properly configured VM as storeadmin and accesses the back end correctly

So far so good, but unfortunately, when this user logs in to the front end and provides billing information during purchase (for testing, considering that administers the store) to change its permissions to storeadmn shopper.

From the back end can I change them?

I read that I would click on the user name and, in additional info, change the permissions but ... I do not know if anything has changed because the permissions are displayed but are not editable! I thought it was the browser ... but I tried with both IE and Chrome ..

I repeat, it will be a trivial ... but ... help!

Thanks to everyone

Max

[attachment cleanup by admin]

MaxMi

Can you tell me if it behaves well to you?
Thank you very much
Max

djidji0310

jenkinhill

[Edit by Max Milbers aka Milbo: Different people managing the store have NOTHING todo with multivendor. Multivendor means that there are more than one vendor. IF you want just more than one person administrating the store go here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=116217.msg402166#msg402166]

You add another vendor from the backend. The new vendor/storeadmin should be registered in Joomla (add through Joomla's User Manager) and set to Administrator status.

1. in Config/Shop set Enable Multivendor (experimental only for developers)  to  administrated multivendor
2. Go to Orders & Shoppers/Shoppers. You will see a column labelled Vendor?  - enable your new admin as vendor. Now there should be two ticked entries in that column.
3. Now on the came page select that username for editing. There you can enter the Vendor store details (will be same as the superuser-vendor) and Shopper Information tab should be the same as the superuser-vendor.

Then the new admin can log in and manage the store.

You can use Joomla's ACL if you want to make restrictions on what the new admin can edit.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

MaxMi

Thank you and sorry for the delay (I was on vacation!).

I'll try some tests.

Thank you again!

datagroove

I followed the instructions above provided by @jenkinhill but when I go to assign the vendor in the users Shopper Information and hit save, the vendor info does not get saved and instead reverts back to a default dialog dropdown. I too am looking for a solution on a single vendor site where i need multiple users to be able to log in but not have to have super user rights to see all the orders/products. any other suggestions?

MaxMi

Hi datagroove,

unfortunately there is not much hope for now. To me the point of jenkinhill 3 does not work.

Alternatively, I created a group "son" of the group administrator (eg adminx) in Joomla and I have allowed access to only a few sections of Joomla (with permissions, you know how?). By placing the user (eg, Usery) in this group will become storeadmin in Virtuemart.

You have v2.0.22b? If so, you have seen that have been incorporated permits, but there are some problems such as the inability to give permission to the menu "orders & customers" (I do not have answers yet to see if it is an error or if it is desired, but how could administer the store without seeing orders ..??). However, you can overcome the problem by allowing the group adminx to "Configuration" (button permits, permissions tab, configuration item). In this way will see all the menus but unfortunately .. here's the real problem: can not see orders (empty page) and can not update the clients (eg, associating them with a group) ....

I do not know if the 22c improve these aspects, I'll try and possibly reopen a post.

If anyone has other info .. him we would be grateful!

Max

ruisdb

I am working with 2.0.22.c (joomla 2.5.13) and i have tried to do what MaxMi said (use the configuration tab) and still doesn't work.

ruisdb

I am just one vendor but need to have several admins.
I was working with multivendor enabled, had three users/admins activated as vendors.
But with the upgrade t0 2.0.22.c one of them has lost the ability to administer the backend.
I went eith the ACL and gave him all the privileges needed. He was able to do everything except admin the orders.
I compared each tab of the two admins (they were not superadmins) and they seemd identical; one of them could edit orders and the other one couldn't.
Now i have left only one vendor and disabled the multivendor feature.
The problem remains.
Created, in joomla, another user, promoted him to admin, did what is being recomended by jenkinhill; still no result.
Any idea to solve this?

Milbo

Quote from: jenkinhill on June 20, 2013, 13:24:33 PM
You add another vendor from the backend. The new vendor/storeadmin should be registered in Joomla (add through Joomla's User Manager) and set to Administrator status.

1. in Config/Shop set Enable Multivendor (experimental only for developers)  to  administrated multivendor
2. Go to Orders & Shoppers/Shoppers. You will see a column labelled Vendor?  - enable your new admin as vendor. Now there should be two ticked entries in that column.
3. Now on the came page select that username for editing. There you can enter the Vendor store details (will be same as the superuser-vendor) and Shopper Information tab should be the same as the superuser-vendor.

Then the new admin can log in and manage the store.

You can use Joomla's ACL if you want to make restrictions on what the new admin can edit.

This is correct. But I think they dont want new vendors, they want more than one login able to administrate the store or only parts of it, without access to the rest of joomla BE. To achieve this, the easiest way is to
1. Create a new joomla permission group.
2. Go in Virtuemart.
3. Open some list. Go to the new configuration setting in the upper right corner "Permissions"
4. Configure it in joomla style, done.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

alatak

Hello

At the moment , we still have the VM permissions implemented.

and it is done that way:
1) create a user in Joomla and set it to the correct joomla group
If this user is a super admin user, he will have the VM permissions admin
If the user is an administrator , he will have the VM permissions storeadmin

2) go in the VM administration, and enter   the BT address: the user will keep the VM storeadmin rigths

If the BT address is given from the frontend, then the VM permission are changed to shopper.

I think we should remove the VM permissions, since we have the ACL now

QuoteFrom the back end can I change them?
At the moment, only directly in the table xx_virtuemart_vmusers, change the perms to "storeadmin"

Alison Effting

Hi Milbo

Your Joomla style solution works, except that on the permissions menu tab 'Orders and Shoppers' the permissions to set are for the VM menu 'Shop' i.e. Shop, Media Files, Shipment and Payment methods; not with managing the orders or the shoppers - on the VM Menu 'Orders and Shoppers': Orders, Revenue Report, Shoppers, Shopper Groups and Coupons, which is the area of most concern for the storeadmin.

Not sure if I'm missing something, but I think there is a tab missing / mislabeled in that 'Permissions' configuration setting?

cascompany

Im running in this same problem....

I need to give to the "user" some webmaster rights to manage the shop, edit pages or add blog posts, with little limitations (permissions set, to for example, not allow migration or payment methods, so they dont screw up things, the same for joomla, I just give access to blog and some other functions, but not full super admin).

So... I created the group under SuperAdmin then in Global/Permissions, they have ALL exept Super Admin. I created a "webmaster" user under this group, with all permissions EXEPT superadmin.  I allow to see admin interface, but I deny some modules, etc. using the joomla "options", so not allow them to see everything in the joomla config .... until here, everything okey.

Then, from VirtueMart as "admin", from the Permissions, I disallow access to some functions for the "webmaster" group.
Now, I login with that "webmaster" user to VirtueMart... and everything shows okey... EXEPT, that I cant view the ORDERS/BUYERS, I see the menu item, but empty list, no links on it.

Well... then I go back to admin, and change store owner, to the "webmaster" user id.   ( setStoreOwner VmUser updated new main vendor has user id ## wich is webmaster id)
Still the same...
Well... then I enable multivendor... go to buyers, and I see the one in green, is webmaster (Because owns the shop)... but still cant see the orders.

So... I put "admin" back as the shop owner... go to buyes, and enable "vendor" for "webmaster" user.  (it shown off). wich shows as "storeadmin" usergroup.
So im lost... it also cant see the "edtishop" link... say it have no permissions. (ie. Pencil icon on the control panel).

Is there anything Im missing?
CAS company
Hosting & Design, with an attitude, since 1997.

tridem

Quote from: Alison Effting on September 13, 2013, 16:08:48 PM
.. on the permissions menu tab 'Orders and Shoppers' the permissions to set are for the VM menu 'Shop' i.e. Shop, Media Files, Shipment and Payment methods; not with managing the orders or the shoppers - on the VM Menu 'Orders and Shoppers': Orders, Revenue Report, Shoppers, Shopper Groups and Coupons, which is the area of most concern for the storeadmin.

Not sure if I'm missing something, but I think there is a tab missing / mislabeled in that 'Permissions' configuration setting?

:( any news about this issue? I'm trying the last revision 2.0.22d and have the same problem.
Has anyone a workaround to allow access to the Orders area without giving all admin permissions?
Thanks in advance
Luca