News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Change shopper permission (group) to manage the shop

Started by MaxMi, June 05, 2013, 18:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milbo

Harrstar, and all the others.

We use vm3 in our store since more than 2 months and anything works. There exists no storeadmin, admin anylonger. and as often described, it makes no sense todo this for vm2.6, because then vm2.6 would become almost vm3.

The html still needs superadmin right for security. I plan to add a new ACL option just for html.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Quote from: Cony on February 02, 2014, 00:47:39 AM
For listing orders and its details VM is currently checking the permission "admin". Unfortunately "admin" is only user with superadmin rights.
Seems, that the permission for displaying orders (which is possible to set in permissions of VM) is not calculated at all (why it is possible to set it then?)

Dirty hack for this is to change file /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/orders.php and replace all occurance of

Permissions::getInstance()->check("admin")

to

Permissions::getInstance()->check("storeadmin")

It should be there twic, once at line 152 and second at line 244 (for VM 2.0.26d).

It was already done for 244, but I missed it in line 152, thank you for that. No it is not a dirty hack, it is the right way for vm2.6. Will be committed to svn soon.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

harrstar

Thank you Milbo.

I would switch to VM3 in a heart beat if there would not be the problem that I am using VM for customers web sites. And I am a little uneasy using brand new versions on production web sites without extensive testing as we use lot's of 3rd party extensions and custom coding in our customer websites. And right now we are under a heavy dead line to finish, no time to switch to VM3.

Will most likely switch in 3 to 6 month.

Uwe
Joomla 2.5.25 and vm 2.6.10

kacper1972

Hello

I JUST have migrated shop form VM 1 to VM 3.0.2 in Joomla 3.3.6.
It works great except permissions. Where is the problem I tray explain, because I need some help.
I need to make for some workers permissions only to VM, they can add new product and category.
So I create new user group it is shopper it is under admin.
Ok I go to VM I click on permissions button and I configure permissions but there is no possible to save configuration.
So I tray to make it form Joomla panel.
I chose VM and I configure permissions. Ok it works well, but when new client register to the shop and click on your order he can see all order in the shop. When I change permissions, that client can not see whole order in the shop (he can see only his), then I lost possibility to manage the VM as a user in shopergroup.

Any help for me.

Regards

blouwagie

I followed all suggestions in quotes below. I have scoured search engines and blogs for this major problem whereby ONLY one user can manage anything in the store. VM version: 3.02 , Joomla version: 2.5.24.  The store works great, administration does not work:

We only need someone else than the Joomla site administrator to be able to maintain the items in the store. I followed the steps to turn on multivendor etc as shown by jenkinhilMilbo says below "3. Open some list. Go to the new configuration setting in the upper right corner "Permissions". 4. Configure it in joomla style, done." When I do so, the permissions dialog box pops up with long lists of settings a save/save and close/cancel button yet nothing in that Permissions configuration box is editable!

So currently the best I can get is a situation whereby the user can log on as an administrator, and even when I give that user "super user" rights we still are stuck with "vmError: Access restricted to Vendor and Administrator only (you are admin and should not see this messsage?)" when that user logs on to the admin site and tries to click on the VirtueMart main menu.

Quote from: Milbo on September 09, 2013, 11:32:17 AM
Quote from: jenkinhill on June 20, 2013, 13:24:33 PM
You add another vendor from the backend. The new vendor/storeadmin should be registered in Joomla (add through Joomla's User Manager) and set to Administrator status.

1. in Config/Shop set Enable Multivendor (experimental only for developers)  to  administrated multivendor
2. Go to Orders & Shoppers/Shoppers. You will see a column labelled Vendor?  - enable your new admin as vendor. Now there should be two ticked entries in that column.
3. Now on the came page select that username for editing. There you can enter the Vendor store details (will be same as the superuser-vendor) and Shopper Information tab should be the same as the superuser-vendor.

Then the new admin can log in and manage the store.

You can use Joomla's ACL if you want to make restrictions on what the new admin can edit.

This is correct. But I think they dont want new vendors, they want more than one login able to administrate the store or only parts of it, without access to the rest of joomla BE. To achieve this, the easiest way is to
1. Create a new joomla permission group.
2. Go in Virtuemart.
3. Open some list. Go to the new configuration setting in the upper right corner "Permissions"
4. Configure it in joomla style, done.

blouwagie

Finally found a solution, it cost me 15 Euro but works

I downloaded https://www.aclmanager.net/ and first let if fix a bunch of broken links etc, straightforward, but those fixes did not help.
I then went to ACLmanager and picked a group (VirtueMartUsers) that I had created before. I then selected the VirtueMart component "Global configuration". The group did not have the  and gave that group the right to Configure the VirtueMart extension. And bingo it all works now.

So what the tool did was something like this: Give the group of VirtueMart users the right to manage Extensions. There may be a way to do this without buying the ACLmanager. If someone wants to explain that in a reply, great ! 

Quote from: blouwagie on January 02, 2015, 21:22:54 PM
I followed all suggestions in quotes below. I have scoured search engines and blogs for this major problem whereby ONLY one user can manage anything in the store. VM version: 3.02 , Joomla version: 2.5.24.  The store works great, administration does not work:

We only need someone else than the Joomla site administrator to be able to maintain the items in the store. I followed the steps to turn on multivendor etc as shown by jenkinhilMilbo says below "3. Open some list. Go to the new configuration setting in the upper right corner "Permissions". 4. Configure it in joomla style, done." When I do so, the permissions dialog box pops up with long lists of settings a save/save and close/cancel button yet nothing in that Permissions configuration box is editable!

So currently the best I can get is a situation whereby the user can log on as an administrator, and even when I give that user "super user" rights we still are stuck with "vmError: Access restricted to Vendor and Administrator only (you are admin and should not see this messsage?)" when that user logs on to the admin site and tries to click on the VirtueMart main menu.

Quote from: Milbo on September 09, 2013, 11:32:17 AM
Quote from: jenkinhill on June 20, 2013, 13:24:33 PM
You add another vendor from the backend. The new vendor/storeadmin should be registered in Joomla (add through Joomla's User Manager) and set to Administrator status.

1. in Config/Shop set Enable Multivendor (experimental only for developers)  to  administrated multivendor
2. Go to Orders & Shoppers/Shoppers. You will see a column labelled Vendor?  - enable your new admin as vendor. Now there should be two ticked entries in that column.
3. Now on the came page select that username for editing. There you can enter the Vendor store details (will be same as the superuser-vendor) and Shopper Information tab should be the same as the superuser-vendor.

Then the new admin can log in and manage the store.

You can use Joomla's ACL if you want to make restrictions on what the new admin can edit.

This is correct. But I think they dont want new vendors, they want more than one login able to administrate the store or only parts of it, without access to the rest of joomla BE. To achieve this, the easiest way is to
1. Create a new joomla permission group.
2. Go in Virtuemart.
3. Open some list. Go to the new configuration setting in the upper right corner "Permissions"
4. Configure it in joomla style, done.

rebella

I have Joomla 3.4.1 and VirtueMart 3.0.4. I don't know if this is a permission issue or not. After loading new products to about number 60 in a category, it stops allowing me to load any more.
VM error comes up. Says You are not an authorized administrator or correct vendor, storing of product cancelled. Why is this happening? How can we fix this?

Thank-you,
Debi