News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Child product not showing

Started by shenkwen, May 14, 2012, 07:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shenkwen

I have made several child products for a certain prodcut, but on product details page, the child products are not showing.

A related question: How do I show different availability or price based on attributes? Like this site: http://demos.virtueplanet.com/?theme=shiny, where when you select different sizes, the total price in red will change accordingly.

Jumbo!

Child products will be displayed by default in VM 2.0 like VM 1.1. You need to add the create Child Product customs field and then add them to the products at your required location to show them.

In Shiny template the sizes / colors shown on the product details page are Cart Attributes (Customs Fields) but not Child products.

makanp

Hi I have setup my custom fields for child product. Then went into the parent product custom fields to associate the fields. But nothing is showing up in the front end.
I am using V2.0 and Joomla 2.5

Jumbo!

Make sure that you have set the Generic Child product custom field as a Cart Attribute.

makanp

Thanks Jumbo, it works, but I noticed in the drop down list with various attributes. The first option is not clickable. You would need to click on the second option or anything after the first option, then click on the first option

Jumbo!

Can you post the link of the page where you are facing the problem?

makanp

Jumbo!

Tested your site using Chrome and FireFox, It seems to be working perfectly fine. Option 7986 does get selected.

makanp

Hi Jumbo
It will show you that 7986 is highlighted, but if you click it, it wont load the product. You will have to select the second or third option, then select 7986 from drop down.

Jumbo!

Test it with some other browser. It is working fine with me.

makanp

Hi Jumbo, I tried it on 4 different computers and 3 different browsers and it doesnt work. Can you mail me your email add.

Jumbo!

Quote from: makanp on June 03, 2013, 12:58:55 PM
Hi Jumbo, a good example is this link with just one option. http://www.marltons.com/index.php/dogs/view/productdetails/virtuemart_product_id/168/virtuemart_category_id/21

You do not need to use Child product when it is only one. Child product variant custom field is used when you have more than one variant for the parent product.

You also seem to be using a development version of VirtueMart in your site. Install stable VirtueMart 2.0.20b in your site and check.