News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product Price not showing in cart

Started by lukelee, May 31, 2013, 08:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukelee

I have done a lot searches, but just couldn't find the solution. I am using virtuemart 2.0.20b and joomla 2.5.8, template is Atomic - Default, no override.
In Cart page, the product price is not showing, final price, tax are showing with no errors.
Anyone know how to fix this? Many thanks.

Jumbo!

You say Final Price is working but not product price. What does it mean? Unable to understand you correctly. Explain with a screenshot.

lukelee

Thank you,Jumbo. I have attached an image.

AH

Go into the admin of VM and set the prices to display

Configuration/pricing

This is what I have set and displays fine.

You may want to create an override for your price display for the product page if you do not want to show a lot of prices on the product page.  But if you turn some of the prices off to stop them displaying on the product page, they will not appear in the cart (annoying I know, but that is how it currently works)

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

lukelee

Quote from: Hutson on June 02, 2013, 13:48:44 PM
Go into the admin of VM and set the prices to display

Configuration/pricing

This is what I have set and displays fine.

You may want to create an override for your price display for the product page if you do not want to show a lot of prices on the product page.  But if you turn some of the prices off to stop them displaying on the product page, they will not appear in the cart (annoying I know, but that is how it currently works)

Thank you very much, it's working now :)

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

tutnet

Thanks - I sent hours on this one......Kudos

jaymokurtz12

Hi....am getting this same problem on my site.... i can view prices on single product but when i add it to cart i cart see the product name and price so total price remains zero....am using VirtueMart 2.6.6 and joomla 2.5.8.... please help

jenkinhill

Joomla 2.5.8? Please see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0

The problem reported in this thread is a year old, with previous VM versions. You don't provide a url but I'd guess you are using a commercial template with VirtueMart layout overrides?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jaymokurtz12

so it can be solved with my current joomla version 2.5.8 ?

jenkinhill

NO! The issue there is that your Joomla version and therefore your site is insecure and could get hacked!

What is the URL?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jenkinhill

Not hacked yet, but if it should get hacked then who would be held responsible for failing to maintain security?

You have JavaScript issues on the site, partly due to loading two jQuery versions. The first one for VM is OK but then you load a later version:
<script src="/libraries/expose/interface/js/jquery-1.7.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

The errors on product page show as:
TypeError: jQuery(...).fancybox is not a function
TypeError: $.fancybox is undefined   
vmprices.js (line 62)
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at wss://us28.zopim.com/s/W/ws/PIjPpmsd32rFcbUG/c/1403873602370

And on the checkout page as:
TypeError: $(...).chosen is not a function

For jQuery debugging see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=119638.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

jaymokurtz12

Thank man... you have helped me now working ok...i deleted the jquery-1.7.1.min.js and retained the 1.8 ...........thank you.... what your suggestions to improve my security?

jenkinhill

Update Joomla and subscribe to security feeds for Joomla and all components used on the site.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK