News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[ SOLVED ] Product name and description cut off in cart

Started by Bigitybossman, May 27, 2013, 04:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigitybossman

Hello all,

Joomla! 2.5.9
Virtuemart 2.0.20b
PHP 5.2.17

I am using the extension Calcbuilder to pass product information into the Virtuemart cart. As the information passed into VM is longer than usual, the VM cart is cutting off the product name and description at a certain amount of characters in the cart.

I have asked the developers of the Calcbuilder extension and the said it was not the component causing the problem, but maybe the VM database.

Does anyone have any ideas of how i can lengthen the product name and description in the cart/checkout?

Any help is much appreciated.

thank you

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Milbo

How it is stored? Everything as name of the product? I think the Calcbuilder do not use correctly the possibilities there.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

liquid.ideas

I havent looked but mormally anything to do with the cart is located in root/components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl

Remember it is better to override than update these files directly :) G'luck!

Milbo

I think his problem is the long product name, check the database entries and the size of the lang tables. You can increase it via the config file, search in the forum, already answered
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Bigitybossman

Hi,

Thanks for your responses guys. I'm not actually sure how it is stored. I will look into the database entry size and let you know how i go.

Thanks again for your help.

Bigitybossman

Hi again,

I have managed to get it to work. In the database i viewed the structure of the "virtuemart_products_en_gb" table and changed the "Type" from Char to Text and it worked.

I hope this has not affected anything else though.

Cheers