News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[Updated] Release 2.0.21 G

Started by Milbo, May 23, 2013, 19:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH

dido there are 26 letters in the alphabet so still some way to go before we have to resort to numerics
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

lindapowers

Well I agree with dido here, we really need a stable version out.

3rd party developers in many cases completely ignore test versions so for them the latest version is 2.020b. Much has changed in the code, much has been improved and added but please remember that this test versions are completely ignored by this programmers and until we have a stable version to mention them they won't apply changes to make their components, modules or templates compatible.

For most shops updating VM is just the first step of updating a series of components modules and templates which will in many cases require an update too.

This version seems stable even since the first release.

People are adding many hacks, posting many code changes and improvements which is great but you can always keep adding changes and improvements.

Regards

zainabubu

Using vm 2.0.20b, update to .22, and got this message;

Invalid Token, in store config

AH

Zani

You should clear the browser cash and see if that sorts it out
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

zainabubu

i did. still showing Invalid Token, in store config

dido76bg

Quote from: lindapowers on July 06, 2013, 16:11:52 PM
Well I agree with dido here, we really need a stable version out.

And now the stable version is fact.
Thank you guys!
Today is the day I will start with my new projects because you have released a new stable version and the Joomlaworks team released their new stable version too.

Thank you once again!
I will report if something is wrong.

Best regards!

zainabubu

luckily, it did not affect current vm database, so i'm currently unable to install manually and automatically of the new stable version.

Stonedfury

I couldn't use the akeeba updater. I kept getting errors about looping. I downloaded and installed aoi and the com through joomla installer, cleared cache, re-installed template and all works sweet so far.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.

zainabubu

Thanks for the tip. I used the normal joomla installer, and it worked.

BaidareW

Not sure, but after update from last stable to 2.0.22a I found links changed. for example it was www.myshop.com/productcategory and not I get www.myshop.com/productcategory?Itemid=0

How can I turn off this ?Itemid=0 in the end of adress ? No configuration changes where made.

Jumbo!

Quote from: BaidareW on July 17, 2013, 18:20:08 PM
Not sure, but after update from last stable to 2.0.22a I found links changed. for example it was www.myshop.com/productcategory and not I get www.myshop.com/productcategory?Itemid=0

How can I turn off this ?Itemid=0 in the end of adress ? No configuration changes where made.
You have not created any Joomla Menu Item for VirtueMart Front Page. Therefore VirtueMart category pages and also other pages is not getting the Item ID.

Create a VirtueMart Front Page menu item, clear the cache of your site. Then check. However please remember then the url will look like www.myshop.com/front-page-menu-alias/productcategory

zainabubu

using vm 2.0.22...vm keeps messing with my images. images with .jpeg end up getting resaved as .jpeg.jpg in resized folder. very frustrating business.

BaidareW

Talking about links - there is a menu item linking to virtuemart.

Another strange thing after update : no e-mails are sent when order is made. what could be the problem ?

mrtfrv

Greetings All,

First, to Milbo and all the rest involved, thank you for a great product!

My site is currently using version: 2.0.20b

Right now, all is well. I have no issue; but, I certainly wish to remain current while utilizing the latest additions.

I did received the "Invalid Token, in store config" error upon attempting to update, which lead me to this thread. I have seen the posts that advise using the Joomla Extension Manager: Install for a successful update.

Fortunately, since I have been working with Virtuemart 2x, I have never encountered any real problem updating or even any major problems within the updates themselves.

Having read the many posts on this thread, especially the most recent:

Quote from: BaidareW on July 23, 2013, 20:38:41 PM
Talking about links - there is a menu item linking to virtuemart.

Another strange thing after update : no e-mails are sent when order is made. what could be the problem ?

Quote from: zainabubu on July 23, 2013, 18:54:08 PM
using vm 2.0.22...vm keeps messing with my images. images with .jpeg end up getting resaved as .jpeg.jpg in resized folder. very frustrating business.

I wonder - Should I update right now or should I wait? Will I need to update through Joomla Extension Manager first to get "back on track" or at some point would the normal updater ( Akeeba Live Update, i believe) work with my version (2.0.20b). Typically, I just backup then update with my fingers crossed and do not work with a test site first; so, maybe I should be more involved and less lazy in that way.

Any feedback would be helpful to me.

But, mostly after reading all the comments in this thread, I just wanted to say:

Virtuemart is a great project involving some very patient, helpful and obviously hard working folks.... so thank you!

AH

mrtfrv

The no-emails is probably due to the configuration being reset when upgrading

I would stay as current as you can (at least take stable releases)

I never use akeeba to update, I download the update files and update using the joomla extension manager.  I have never had a failure using this procedure.

Of course take backups of your database before an update and of your site files. 

I would recommend creating a local version of your site for testing purposes.

xampp will enable you to run a test apache server and mysql on a pc

You can then install your backup and practice re-installing etc
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0